Main Menu

72-4 Challenger tail light assembly studs

Started by blown motor, October 11, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic Next topic

blown motor

Where can I get the studs that hold the tail light assembly in place. Need three of them.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Burdar

The cheapest solution would be to buy a small section of threaded rod and cut it to length.

R/T Specialties MIGHT list them.  You'd end up spending more on shipping then you would for the parts though.

Brads70

If your not concerned about " correct" maybe a trip to brafasco, fastenal, bolts plus to get the appropriate set screws? :notsure:

Roadman

Quote from: Burdar on October 11, 2017, 12:13:59 PM
The cheapest solution would be to buy a small section of threaded rod and cut it to length.

R/T Specialties MIGHT list them.  You'd end up spending more on shipping then you would for the parts though.
:iagree:    quarter 20 allthread, easy, peasy.    :drinkingbud:          :rebelflag" :canada:

blown motor

I actually used 1 1/4" bolts and cut them just below the head. Then I jammed two nuts together to make a temporary head so I cold turn them in. I put the cut end down which left a factory finished end exposed so it looked correct and didn't look like a fixer upper job.

Roadman

Awesome fixer up job Murray.      :haha:    :rofl:

Brads70

:pokeeye:  I was thinking " what kind of farmer couldn't come up with a solution to this"

:D :whiteflag:

blown motor

Quote from: Brads70 on October 12, 2017, 12:59:09 PM
:pokeeye:  I was thinking " what kind of farmer couldn't come up with a solution to this"

Lol!
I can always come up with a solution but sometimes others have a better solution. That's why I ask. And sometimes someone's suggestion stimulates my thinking.

Brads70

Quote from: blown motor on October 12, 2017, 01:11:42 PM
Quote from: Brads70 on October 12, 2017, 12:59:09 PM

Lol!
I can always come up with a solution but sometimes others have a better solution. That's why I ask. And sometimes someone's suggestion stimulates my thinking.

:D  oh I know it's just fun to  :pokeeye: ya!  :wave:  :haha:

Ian will be along soon!  :banana: