Main Menu

Door window up stop brackets.

Started by Rdchallenger, April 25, 2022, 09:34:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Rdchallenger

Needed!!!! Upstop brackets for both doors. While searching through parts I noticed that the up stop brackets are nowhere to be found and doesn't looked like they're repopped that I know of.

Would also accept the dimensions on it to try and fabricate my own.

1970Cuda

The up-stops are definitely reproduced. I know The Mopar Shop used to have them, but I don't see them listed on the site now, but you might call Ed to see if he still has a set.

And I know he had the rubber for them, because I had mine media blasted, zinc plated and then just installed new rubber. (Also, I found them by looking on Moparts board.). You'll find a set.

Rdchallenger

Unfortunately I'm still on the search for these. Ed I don't believe was able to find any spares.

B5fourspeed

Rdchallenger

Quote from: B5fourspeed on June 15, 2022, 06:46:36 PM
There is 2 on Ebay right now.

You didn't happen to catch the link to the auction did you?

B5fourspeed

Rdchallenger

Quote from: B5fourspeed on June 15, 2022, 08:20:42 PM
Type in:Cuda glass stop.

I believe these are the ones you were talking about, for some reason they kept showing up on a google search for quite a while now but when you click the link it takes you to this page. :headbang:

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Rdchallenger

Here's a dumb question regarding this part. We're they only a 70-71 e body part? I have two different year doors my passenger side one is a '73 original to the car. And the driver side is a '70 that I found in great condition.
As you see on the doors, one has a spot for the bracket, the other doesn't. Damn you mother Ma

anlauto

In 1973-74 the upstops were on the inside of the glass, opposite of the 70-71 which were on the outside of the glass and of course they use a different style of upstop :headbang:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration