Main Menu

FOUND:Hood Wedges

Started by VCODE, January 27, 2020, 10:53:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

VCODE

FOUND: Thanks to Steve at Steve's Musclecars & Parts
Still looking for 1 or 2 1970 Challenger Hood Wedges the repro don't work. Maybe someone has a set of NOS # 2949228 ones or a nice used original set they would sell.
Thanks Bob

anlauto

Bob, do you know if ALL E Body ones from 70 to 74 are the same ? or if Dodge and Plymouth are the same ? I don't recall ever seeing part numbers on them :thinking:

I likely have original ones around here, but no telling what they came off of  :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

7212Mopar

I have gone through 3 sets of hood wedges since I have my car back in 2012. Most of the time car was on jack stands. They don't seem to last very long. The plastic ears always break off.
1973 Challenger Rallye, 416 AT
2012 Challenger SRT8 6 speed Yellow Jacket

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on January 27, 2020, 12:43:04 PM
Bob, do you know if ALL E Body ones from 70 to 74 are the same ? or if Dodge and Plymouth are the same ? I don't recall ever seeing part numbers on them :thinking:

I likely have original ones around here, but no telling what they came off of  :dunno:

Hi Alan, Looking at originals that I have found seem to be 2 different types. The ones I need the wedge part are very slim or skinny. The other type is chubby or a thicker wedge. You can see the difference when together. All the repro one are the chubby / thicker wedge. Maybe a Challenger / Cuda thing but I really don't know.
Thanks Bob

VCODE

Quote from: 7212Mopar on January 27, 2020, 12:47:09 PM
I have gone through 3 sets of hood wedges since I have my car back in 2012. Most of the time car was on jack stands. They don't seem to last very long. The plastic ears always break off.

Yes they do. Just trying to find 1 or 2 used ones
Thanks Bob

Burdar

Just wondering why the repro ones won't work?  If they are a little too thick and the hood doesn't want to close nicely, there are rounded corners on the hood lip where the wedges hit.  The rounded corners can be "adjusted" slightly to improve the fit.  I had to do that on my Challenger.  If this is a high end restoration where reproduction parts won't cut it, then I get it.  :bigthumb:

VCODE

Quote from: Burdar on January 28, 2020, 06:51:57 AM
Just wondering why the repro ones won't work?  If they are a little too thick and the hood doesn't want to close nicely, there are rounded corners on the hood lip where the wedges hit.  The rounded corners can be "adjusted" slightly to improve the fit.  I had to do that on my Challenger.  If this is a high end restoration where reproduction parts won't cut it, then I get it.  :bigthumb:

Yes, I understand but this Challenger needs NOS or originals. High end Car
Thanks Bob

anlauto

I'm glad you found some, Steve is one of those great guys in the hobby.
I looked earlier this afternoon and found five of them that weren't broken....they all appear to be the same, like I said, I have no idea what E Bodies they came from.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

VCODE

Quote from: anlauto on January 28, 2020, 11:41:10 AM
I looked earlier this afternoon and found five of them that weren't broken....they all appear to be the same, like I said, I have no idea what E Bodies they came from.

Alan, Can you take a picture. Do they look like my picture or are they the larger wedge type?
Bob

anlauto

Quote from: VCODE on January 28, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: anlauto on January 28, 2020, 11:41:10 AM

Alan, Can you take a picture. Do they look like my picture or are they the larger wedge type?
Bob

Here's what I found Bob....they are all the same and look like the one you posted I think :dunno:

71vert340

I had to check my repro hood wedges from DMT against the original Challenger wedges I have. I found out the repro wedge is thinner than the originals I had. I then pulled the originals off my 71 vert and they measured the same as the other original Challenger ones I had. See photos. You can tell the originals from the repro one because of the yellow and red paint.
Terry