Main Menu

Front bumper filler for 73 Cuda

Started by Rich G., May 17, 2018, 05:01:57 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Rich G.

Looking for the rubber filler strip that goes between the front bumper and grill on a 73 cuda

nsmall

Dangit, sold mine 8 months ago.  I would try eBay.  Any other suggestions out there? Pretty sure it's not being reproduced.

@MoparDave are these being reproduced?

MoparDave

Quote from: nsmall on May 17, 2018, 06:10:35 PM

@MoparDave are these being reproduced?

for the 72-4 Cuda and Challenger NONE of the rubber filler pieces are being made currently.
Please Email me at david.radcliffe@golling.com or through the the website. https://www.rosevillemoparts.com/contact-us/

Burdar

QuoteLooking for the rubber filler strip that goes between the front bumper and grill on a 73 cuda

I've heard they can be hard to find.  I think a lot of them get tossed either due to condition or because they move the bumpers in and don't need them.

If it gets to the point where you need the filler to get the car on the road but you can't find one, my suggestion is this...
Re-drill the holes in the bumper brackets so you can move the bumper in closer to the body.  This will let you get the car on the road and not have a huge gap at the front.  When you do end up finding a filler, all you'll have to do is move the bumper back out.

There are some square holes in front of the round bumper mounting holes.  These square holes can be drilled out to 5/8".  Those become your new mounting holes.  The only down side is that your bumper brackets don't look stock but not everyone would care about that.  It's your decision.

nsmall

Rich G., tag me and I have pics to show you what I did to my 73.  Its one of my favorite mods.  Understand if you want the OEM look.

nsmall

@Rich G.

To tag, hit type the @ symbol and the first three letters/numbers of other usernames and their name will come up.  Click and that is how you tag.

I went to the extreme end of this mod.  You really only need to slot the bumper brackets some (see Burdars post above), I went as far as you could as in my bumper is super tight to the body.  I wanted ZERO gap.

nsmall

As seen above, if you go to the extreme end, you have to grind the washer for bumper bolts for the front hole.  I only used 2 of the 3 front bumper holes. 

Here are more pics...

nsmall

Let me know if you need more pics or info.

As for the earlier pictures I drilled out the top of the bumper brackets to drop a bumper bolt on the top bumper for where the front bumper guard typically goes.  Or you can just leave it alone and have a square hole on the top of your bumper.

Rich G.

Boy you sure got that baby tucked in tight. Thanks for the pics and ideas.