Main Menu

Hood release 1970 Challenger

Started by F8RT, June 21, 2019, 11:10:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

F8RT

Does anyone know where you can purchase just the hood latch for a 1970 Challenger R/T. I can find the latch assembly that comes with the spring and support brace.  Or you can also get just the support brace but not just the latch. My handle you push broke off long ago. I hate to spend money or parts I don't need.

JonH

I don't think you can get it separately. I had the same issue, looked all over for one. Ended up buying the entire assembly. You could have yours refurbished but it will cost more than the entire latch/support assembly. If you want OE go for a rebuild, otherwise I think you are SOL. Your choice...

Cuda Cody

@F8RT   Post a photo of what you are looking for.  I might have one.  And please tag me when you post the photo so I see it right away.

WCC

Is this the latch you're looking for?

F8RT

@WCC I'm not where I can look at mine right now but the piece on the right looks like it.

anlauto

Those are the correct 1970 Challenger pieces that WCC posted :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

F8RT

@Cuda Cody The one WCC posted looks like it. Here is what is available at several places.

Cuda Cody

Do you need both pieces of the latch?  I think I have the top section, but I might have both the top and bottom.  They are date coded.... do you need a specific date range?

F8RT

@Cuda Cody The piece I need is the one on the right of WCC picture. The handle you push on mine is broke off and lost.  I have the head knocker part. My car was a December of 69 build date. Don't know how important date code is. I have tried to make things look right as possible but don't have funds to build a concourse car with all NOS parts.

Cuda Cody

I have the latch on the left, but not the handle that is shown on the right.   :sorry:

F8RT

@WCC do you have the set for sale or possibly just the release on the right?

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

F8RT

I would like to go see what it's all about never been. Then next year possibly take my car it should be complete if I ever get my vinyl top. I figure it will be a big year for 1970 Challengers. Unfortunately it snuck up on me didn't realize it was this week. Tough to make plans with just 2 days to go.

WCC

Quote from: F8RT on July 09, 2019, 07:44:37 PM
@WCC do you have the set for sale or possibly just the release on the right?

Sorry, I don't

Odin

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 24, 2019, 07:20:05 PM
I have the latch on the left, but not the handle that is shown on the right.   :sorry:

@cuda Cody do you still have the safety latch on the left?