Main Menu

Looking for a front door glass bracket

Started by Cuda_mark, February 01, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda_mark

I'm looking for a bracket like this one that is listed on eBay. Looking for one that's in a little better shape than this one that listed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-DOOR-GLASS-TRACK-BRACKET-70-74-AAR-CUDA-T-A-CHALLENGER-R-T-SE-RALLYE-MOPAR/112306283701?hash=item1a25f9e4b5:g:NbMAAOSw2gxYpm5V&vxp=mtr

Here is a picture of mine thats too far rusted.

Burdar

Soak yours in EvapoRust or bead blast it.  From the picture, it doesn't look very bad.  It's inside the door so it doesn't HAVE to look perfect.  The one in your link looks almost perfect...just a little surface rust on it.

Daveh

I agree or maybe media blast it.  It looks good and you will never see it.  Good luck.

Shane Kelley

He's right.  That thing is rough. It's not so much the surface rust that's the problem but the caged nut that's all jacked up and missing the cage. Yes it could be fixed but I would replace it myself.  :alan2cents:  Somebody will have that. 

anlauto

Quote from: Burdar on February 02, 2018, 06:00:59 AM
Soak yours in EvapoRust or bead blast it. From the picture, it doesn't look very bad.  It's inside the door so it doesn't HAVE to look perfect.  The one in your link looks almost perfect...just a little surface rust on it.

Look closer, that thing is garbage !
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

Quote from: anlauto on February 02, 2018, 01:54:17 PM
Quote from: Burdar on February 02, 2018, 06:00:59 AM
Soak yours in EvapoRust or bead blast it. From the picture, it doesn't look very bad.  It's inside the door so it doesn't HAVE to look perfect.  The one in your link looks almost perfect...just a little surface rust on it.

Look closer, that thing is garbage !
Yeah mine was garbage. Luckily my local Mopar parts guy had one that was in great shape. Picked this up yesterday.

Chryco Psycho

RUNCHARGER

Nice: It's getting harder and harder to find the little bits locally these days.
Sheldon