Main Menu

Bracket front Barracuda '74

Started by rossifumi21, May 05, 2021, 04:14:52 AM

Previous topic Next topic

rossifumi21

Hello, we recently bought a '74 Barracuda but we still need to finish it of;  We don't have the brackets to mount the front bumper.  As I was searching to buy new ones, I did only found 70-72.  Do they fit on a '74 or does anyone knows where I could find them?  Living in Belgium, Europe.  Thank you

anlauto

Yes the reproduction 70-71 bumpers will fit your car, you will need a 70-71 bumper as well. With that set-up the bumper will sit closer to the body then the stock 74 bumper, a common modification. :twothumbsup:

Welcome to the best E Body web site in the WORLD :grouphug:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

JS29

:welcome: @rossifumi21  Tell us about your car in the new members section, looks sharp.  :handshake:

CudaMoparRay

Spikedog08

Let me check . . I may have what you need and will sell reasonable . .
Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

nsmall

Quote from: anlauto on May 05, 2021, 04:42:27 AM
Yes the reproduction 70-71 bumpers will fit your car, you will need a 70-71 bumper as well. With that set-up the bumper will sit closer to the body then the stock 74 bumper, a common modification. :twothumbsup:

Welcome to the best E Body web site in the WORLD :grouphug:

Do this modification.  IT looks way better.  Feel free to ask more questions.  I did this modification and it was well worth it.  If you stick with a 74 set up you will have a major gap between your front bumper and grill unless you have the specific 1974 plastic piece (they dont reproduce this piece).

nsmall

Since you live in Belgium you can also "slot" a 73 or 74 front bumper bracket to tuck it in if thats all that is available to you.  Good luck :bradsthumb:

Chryco Psycho

rossifumi21

The bumpers came with the car but I can't tell what year they are for.  We allso have the brackets for the rear bumper.  Can anyone tell me what year the bumpers are, so then i know what brackets I need. If they are '74 I only need the brackets.  But I don't know where I can find them 

rossifumi21

nsmall

@Burdar @6bblgt

Can either of you help this guy?  I have pictures of a 73 cuda front bumper and I have pictures of a 1970 rear that I can supply.

usraptor

Nice Cuda and  :welcome: from Utah, USA! :unitedstates:

nsmall

I can share photos of a 73 cuda front and 70 rear, but sorry I cant help you based on the pictures. 

Burdar

It will be hard to tell what year the bumpers are with just a small picture.  They are all shaped similarly.  The differences will be in the number and location of the bumper mounting holes.  If you can post the # of holes and show pictures of their locations, some should be able to compare.

Something also to note is that 73 and 74 use thick bumper reinforcements behind the bumper.  You may not be able to mount the bumpers with the factory brackets if you don't have the reinforcements.  Do you have those?  Do you plan to reinstall them?