Main Menu

Mopar Performance Chrome Box

Started by nsmall, April 28, 2021, 10:21:26 PM

Previous topic Next topic

nsmall

From all the research I have done these are no longer being made.  I have the cheap Chinese one and a even cheaper spare that makes my Tach read way high.  Feel free to PM if you have one out there that you want to unload.  Thanks

nsmall

Mopar Performance ECU Chrome box P4120534

I believe this is what I am looking for.  Thanks

HP2

its been so long since I've purchased one, I didn't know they quite making the Chrome box.

You might call Mancini Racing and talk to their tech people about their control boxes. They have a variety of OEM style ignition boxes and while some of them are orange, they do have higher rpm capability than the stock orange units. They also have some with rev limiting capability as well.

dodj

I believe I have an old one up on a shelf somewhere. The chrome is a bit rusty, definitely not a show piece. But if you are desperate to find one I'll send it to you if you pay shipping...but....I'm in Canada..cross border shipping can get expensive.
Let me know. And I'll go look and see if I can find it.
"There is nothing your government can give you that it hasn't already taken from you in the first place" -Winston Churchill

nsmall

Thanks for the generous offer, but maybe I will just wait for the time being.  Man I love this site. :bradsthumb:

Brads70

Just in case you didn't know about this option.... I have a buddy that ran one for years in his circle track car with no issues, as Tech thought it was stock..... :lurking:

http://www.thertgarage.com/products.html

edit:  I just noticed they are out of stock..... :looney:

blown motor

I think they've been out of stock for a while. I'm not sure what's going on there.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

RUNCHARGER

I'm pretty sure I have 2 brand new ones in the box. I'll look in the morning.
Sheldon

RUNCHARGER

Well: I have one but it looks to me like I have used it for a short while. It's in the box but it looks like I mounted it for awhile in my Challenger. Can't remember the story but I remember I tried an MSD in that car as well.
Sheldon

Robarmelas

Hi. is the chrome box available ?

Thanks,
Al

Montclaire

70hemicuda

I have a few   New will get pictures tomorrow if interested.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: Montclaire on June 09, 2021, 10:01:27 AM
The consensus is that this unit is comparable to the chrome box:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224235096181?hash=item3435740875:g:ZDMAAOSwtANelMZm

I bought one of those. Painted it all up and installed the original electronic ignition decal. Put it in the car and it wouldn't start. Maybe I got the odd defective one but it doesn't exactly give me confidence with trying another one.

Shane Kelley

Quote from: 70hemicuda on December 19, 2021, 05:55:53 PM
I have a few   New will get pictures tomorrow if interested.

I might be interested in a new chrome box for a spare depending on price.

70hemicuda

Sorry mine are the super gold ones. Both used 1 lap each for 4 cylinder class. Rev limit was to high on these boxes and had to drop back to another box