Main Menu

Need a pair of 1970 Shoulder Belts in Black

Started by erik70rt, May 08, 2017, 11:56:38 AM

Previous topic Next topic

erik70rt

I need a pair of black shoulder belts for my 1970 R/T SE.  I got a set of reproduction belts and they are too short to hang in the clips properly.  I only need the uppers.  I have the rest.

Thanks!!
Contrary to the opinions of some, I am not dumber than I look.

Cuda Cody

Spikedog08

Drive it like you stole it . . . And they're CHASING you!

anlauto

Find it odd the reproductions are short...Any chance you have a picture or maybe a measurement someone could compare to originals ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

erik70rt

erik70rt

Here are a couple of pics.  As you can see, the belt is too short to run back to the second clip.  Every '70 Challenger I have owned was able to double back the belt and retain it with the rear clip.  The belt itself measures 34.5" from the plastic bolt cover (where the belt comes out) to the tip of the buckle.

anlauto

In all the cars I've done I've never been able to reach back to the second clip, but maybe I've been doing it wrong.
I stuck my tape measure in that slot where the belt exits the plastic and measured to the tip on the chrome and I get 36 1/2" on a belt I know to be an original 70 Challenger. So you're right...the reproduction is shorter if we're measuring the same :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Just send those to Bill and tell him how long you want it.  He'll sew a new piece up to any length you prefer and you'll have it back in no time.   :alan2cents:  No need to buy new belts.

erik70rt

Cuda Cody

Bill Edwards @70rm27   253-904-8119 hm  or  931-703-5574 cell.  Tell him you're with the E-Bodies.org site and you know Cody.

Quote from: erik70rt on May 10, 2017, 05:46:39 AM
Forgive my ignorance - which Bill?

erik70rt