Main Menu

Rear shoulder seat belts?

Started by Husk Challenger, April 03, 2019, 01:17:20 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Husk Challenger

Hey

In tech ressources i found this illustration for rear shoulder seat belts:

https://www.e-bodies.org/Resources/Engineering_Illustrations/Seat_Belts_Rear_Shoulder.pdf

I have never seen such thing on e body.

Was it an option?
Aftermarket or dealer parts?

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Challenger 73' 383ci 4spd ---> SOLD
Challenger 71' 318 904 RT clone ---> Stroker 318/392 Tf 727!

Cuda Cody

anlauto

I've been waiting 35 years to see a set of factory installed rear shoulder belts in an E Body :console:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Husk Challenger

Very interesting !

@anlauto  did you take any picture by chance??

Culvers

I have some pics of code C14 (rear shoulder belts)

Floyd

Wow - I'd never heard of that option.

GoodysGotaCuda

That'd come in handy with the two car seats i have back there. Good-to-know that package tray can support those kinds of loads with a scab plate.
1972 Barracuda - 5.7L Hemi/T56 Magnum
2020 RAM 1500 - 5.7L

My Wheel and Tire Specs

anlauto

Is that green car original or something someone added ?
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

bpsmopar

Quote from: anlauto on April 03, 2019, 01:39:51 PM
I've been waiting 35 years to see a set of factory installed rear shoulder belts in an E Body :console:

My Challenger RT convertible has the front shoulder belt option. Long belts that come out of the rear seat corners. Never seen rears for a hardtop.

anlauto

Quote from: bpsmopar on April 03, 2019, 06:24:59 PM

My Challenger RT convertible has the front shoulder belt option. Long belts that come out of the rear seat corners. Never seen rears for a hardtop.

Well I've never seen that either...someday you'll have invite me over for a Coke !

JH27N0B

There's a white AAR in this area that has rear shoulder belts.  I took a picture but was digging around just now and couldn't find it.
I do recall checking the FT and no Y14 code, wonder if the owner added them from a scrapped car?

Husk Challenger

superdave

Quote from: bpsmopar on April 03, 2019, 06:24:59 PM

:unbelievable: :unbelievable: I have never heard of that option. That would be pretty sweet. Well there was the Nash Bridges 'Cuda but that was custom no doubt.