Main Menu

Odd carter afb part

Started by cuda hunter, March 15, 2020, 08:43:13 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Anyone have a bunch of carters sitting around?
I'm trying to find a primary Drivers side #873 Venturi. 

goes on an c3ve-8510-E carb.  But I think any 873 would work. 

Long shot I know.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

1 Wild R/T

cuda hunter

64 lincoln.
I broke the venturi. Accident of course.
trying to sell this ford.  I'm just over it.  It's my only ford.  Been in the family 27 or 28 years.
I don't list it here as it's not appreciated to list anything but mopars and ebodies on this site.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I"m buying amd metal for the challenger with the money I get from this car. 

js27

I have this old AFB from a 361--any help ?
JS27

1 Wild R/T

Well your 64 Lincoln has a 63 carb on it...  :). Pretty cool old boat...    js27's carb would probably solve your problem...

kawahonda

I have a carter AFB from a Chebby in the garage. I'll send you a venturi and pay it forward if it helps if it's the right one...
1970 Dodge Challenger A66

cuda hunter

Primary venturi.

If any of you have the venturi with the correct number and is for the drivers side I would definitely be interested.
Glad to just buy it and pay shipping.  That Ferd is stuck in my garage until I can find this part. 
It's already driving me crazy, now it's blocking my harley and my working on my barracuda.  Driving me nuts!  At least I work all the time and only have one day to play. 

thanks guys.  For looking and offering.  Let me know if you have the right part.  You can down in from the top and see the part number.   

cuda hunter

I do actually need the other two circled parts. 
The Dashpot cup and the inlet screen.

I purchased a rebuild kit from Oreiley's.  They said it was the correct one.  Guess what, no dashpot cup no inlet screen.

They can't get one with a dashpot.  Nor can they find a dashpot cup.  So they sold me an incomplete kit that I can't return.

So I find a dashpot cup on Mike's Carburetor parts.   But,  I have to buy the whole rebuild kit.  70 bucks plus shipping. 
And it doesn't have an inlet screen. 
Then I break the last part to clean on the entire carb. 

kawahonda

Sorry, I'll plan to look into my AFB today for the primary venturi (I call call them primary boosters).

What is a dashpot? I don't think my specific AFB has that. Assuming it's different than the vacuum pull-off canister...

kawahonda

Mine are sadly unmarked.

If the pilot jet sizes are the only difference, then you could easily drill those out. I believe these are .030".

cuda hunter

The dash pot is an upside down cup that is in the same hole as the accelerator pump but on the drivers side. 
The cup goes bad.  There is no cup on the picture of the actual dash pot.  it fell apart as soon as I took it out.
I will wait on the one you have.  But if I can't get a correct one then I will have to consider drilling out that one.

Lincoln guys are very much like us Cuda guys.  They pick every little piece apart and I would like to keep as many correct parts as possible. 

Thanks for looking and I will keep it in mind.  Much appreciated. 

1 Wild R/T

cuda hunter

Thanks Wild,
That's who I called.  I can buy the entire rebuild kit with the dash pot cup.

I have not called and asked for the Primary Venturi.  I'm working in a very remote location and have no phone service from pretty much 6am to 9pm.  I'll email them instead. 

Another friend of mine suggested these guys. Will have to email them as well. 
Carbs Unlimited. 

cuda hunter

I sent an email to both Mikes and carbs unlimited.