Main Menu

Carter AVS and AFB - WIW

Started by Floyd, May 21, 2017, 08:24:02 AM

Previous topic Next topic

ScottSmith_Harms

Yes, several (typically small) flaws in his books, he and I have discussed it several times

Cuda Cody

His books are still the best thing on the market for looking up codes fast.  Could not image where we would all be without them. 

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 24, 2017, 09:43:28 PM
His books are still the best thing on the market for looking up codes fast.  Could not image where we would all be without them.

Agreed... Not a big fan of some of his "Services" but the white books flaws & all are a huge asset to the hobby.

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Scott,

I left a message at harmsauto about the Carter AVS 4741 rebuild, it looks like Floyd and I have worked out a deal. As you'll see in my message to you at harmsauto, is it possible for Floyd to drop ship the carb to you for the rebuild and then have you ship it to me when it's done.

Also, just wondering how long the rebuild process usually takes.

Thanks Everyone,
Mike

Cuda Cody

You will LOVE the work @ScottSmith_Harms  does.   :yes: 

Quote from: Michael_B767_ATP on May 27, 2017, 10:28:15 AM
Hi Scott,

I left a message at harmsauto about the Carter AVS 4741 rebuild, it looks like Floyd and I have worked out a deal. As you'll see in my message to you at harmsauto, is it possible for Floyd to drop ship the carb to you for the rebuild and then have you ship it to me when it's done.

Also, just wondering how long the rebuild process usually takes.

Thanks Everyone,
Mike

ScottSmith_Harms

Yes, drop shipping is totally fine. please make sure it's packed well.

Thank you!
Scott

*Also, thank you Cody!  :twothumbsup:

ScottSmith_Harms

Just a heads up Michael,

The carb arrived safely. So far I don't see any build issues aside from some rust pitting on the throttle shafts, I'll let you know if I discover anything negative. So far so good.

Thanks!
Scott

Cuda Cody

That's good news for @Michael_B767_ATP    :banana:

Quote from: ScottSmith_Harms on June 08, 2017, 05:33:43 AM
Just a heads up Michael,

The carb arrived safely. So far I don't see any build issues aside from some rust pitting on the throttle shafts, I'll let you know if I discover anything negative. So far so good.

Thanks!
Scott

headejm

@Michael_B767_ATP That is a beautiful RT/SE and highly optioned. Mine is very similar except FC7 and 383. Are you planning to put the bumblebee stripe back on?  :cheers:

Michael_B767_ATP

Hi Scott,

That's good to hear.

Hi Headejm,

As soon as I get done with the engine bay, I'll be moving on to the gas tank, rear and front end... Then she goes off for her paint job where she will be put back to factory.

Thanks
Mike