Main Menu

Power Window Sub-Harness

Started by CUDACRAZY, March 27, 2024, 07:42:11 AM

Previous topic Next topic

CUDACRAZY

Hello everyone - I am searching for part of a wiring harness to complete my P/W electrical system. It is the harness that plugs into the driver side pigtail and runs back to feed the two quarter window motors and switches.  It is the longest wire part of this system. Please see my picture and thank you for viewing.

CUDACRAZY

Bumping this back up to the top.

There is another option I would like to propose for consideration. Ask for someone to give me the actual length(s) in great detail so that I can have a harness made from scratch. Terminal to terminal dims could provide me with the data I need to reproduce this thing. Anyone out there who could help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

anlauto

If you're going to make one, why not just measure the car of the length you need ? :dunno:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

CUDACRAZY

Quote from: anlauto on April 12, 2024, 04:58:07 PMIf you're going to make one, why not just measure the car of the length you need ? :dunno:

I want it to be exactly like the factory, same terminals, same colors and exact lengths. I want to replicate the original. These past six months a few complete PW systems have changed hands and it would be great to connect with one of these individuals before they install.

71GranCoupe

If you can wait about a month or so, I will be back home fore a few months and should be able to get you some measurements. Tommy from Sniff Out Parts can probably build you one. You would need to source the wire blocks that clip to the switches. Give me a PM in a couple weeks.

CUDACRAZY

Thank you for the offer 71GranCoupe, that would be great! I am not in a huge hurry. I have a vendor ready to make this for me. He's handling everything except those two white switch terminals. I will be handling that part myself.     

71GranCoupe

If by chance there are some pick and pull yards near you, check them out for some of the older Mopar's of the same or close years as the terminal blocks are the same.

Some of the larger c bodies may even have the wire harness which would might make your process a little easier.