Main Menu

Wanted Deluxe Seat Belts for 70 Cuda

Started by Dalton, January 04, 2024, 10:29:54 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Dalton

Looking for Black Deluxe seat belts for 70 Cuda Hardtop. Will look at any color but would prefer black.

Thank you

mtull

Dalton,

I saw you're same post on https://www.facebook.com/groups/ebodies.  I've seen a few mentions on other forums (and in the comments of your post) that Sport Fury's and other C-Body cars could have had the C15 option but haven't been able to verify. I wonder if they could have come on the 1970 and 1971 or later C Body's?

I need a partial C15 set in black myself.  I talked to sharons web last year, they mentioned they tried to 3D print the covers with no success.  I suspect 3D printing is the wrong technology and wonder if injection molding could yield better results?  I'm not an expert in either area and after researching injection molding it looks like even the experienced folks require a number of iterations to get a specific part correct.

mtull

Keep an eye out for 1971 Chrysler New Yorker seatbelts.  I've recently looked very closely at original sales booklets and see the New Yorker seatbelts have the same white band, release button and plastic cover.  I'm assuming the belt lengths would be different.  Other C Bodies may have also had them.

Good luck with your hunt!