Main Menu

WIW 1970 Deluxe seat belts ?

Started by anlauto, August 08, 2023, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

What are 1970 Deluxe seat belts worth ? I have a nice complete set of black ones I won't be using
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda_mark

They look like they are in great shape. Put them in inventory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7E-Bodies

Interested in answers. I've been setting on an original complete set of green ones for a 70. I found a fair deal on a completely restored set yet the originals are still very nice.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

1970Cuda

Hi All,

I just had my 1971 Deluxe Seat Belts restored with my supplied cores that I'm going to use in my 1970 'Cuda build. I swapped out the retractors from the 1971 for the correct 1970's and honestly, most people won't know the difference except for us on this site (IMO). (The reproduction labels alone on each belt cost $25.)

I looked high and low for even a core set of 1970 Deluxe Seat Belts and never found them. So yours look awesome and since they are originals and the sought-after 1970's I think $1,500 at least would be a fair price. Maybe $2K USD. That's just my noodling on it of course.

Jay Bee

As you know PG Classic sells their standard reproductions for $535 USD. Yours being original, Deluxe & in great shape lets say, at least, double that.  Is that blood on one of them?

Mr Cuda

There was a business model to make money the past. Buy 65 shelby mustang's,  and swap all the original parts for reproduction,  then resell the car.
$1500 for seat belts?  Are we there now?
I bought a set of pg belts on sale for $420 ish. Yes, the belt fabric feels thinner or maybe just softer.   Everything else looks correct,  no tags, etc.
Getting my nice cores rewebbed is appealing,  but I'm hearing stories....
Our trusted vendors are getting old, all of us are.

Jay Bee

Quote from: Mr Cuda on August 09, 2023, 10:49:14 AM
$1500 for seat belts?  Are we there now?
I bought a set of pg belts on sale for $420 ish.
Were those "Deluxe", I didn't think PG had Deluxe. Those are pretty rare, especially in that shape (webbing not faded, buckles not chipped, etc). Then add another $200 for labels. I wonder if a set of crappy ones could be found what they'd cost, then have them restored. Nobody is selling even used ones. I hear what you're saying, "are we there now?", I wouldn't be surprised. Remember, the 'E" in Ebody is for Expensive.

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 09, 2023, 09:31:25 AM
Is that blood on one of them?

YES some serious CSI skills you got there :rubeyes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

MKA

I got a set of deluxe belts from Bill Edwards for 500ish about 18 months ago.   Had the original buckles restored, excellent chrome and new webbing and reproduction labels and a set of clean bolts.    Paid another 115 for the reproduction storage clips front and rear.   Very happy.    Last I heard he was having health issues and problems filling orders unfortunately.

anlauto

Sold them to a member on here, thanks for all the responses  :twothumbsup:

Jay Bee

Must be someone local or coming to Moparfest because you don't ship  :pokeeye:  I had a hunch they wouldn't last long once they came up.

anlauto

Quote from: Jay Bee on August 10, 2023, 11:31:35 AM
Must be someone local or coming to Moparfest because you don't ship  :pokeeye:  I had a hunch they wouldn't last long once they came up.

I explained the reason I don't like to ship, because sometimes people are disappointed in the quality of parts once they get them.....but YES I did ship them inside Canada