Main Menu

Wanted: Need the two lower rear window moldings for my 71 Gran Coupe.

Started by 71GranCoupe, January 24, 2017, 10:20:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

71GranCoupe

Quote from: screamindriver on January 25, 2017, 07:22:47 PM
They must be a thin,low grade stainless for them to corrode like I've seen...I've seen some pretty rough pieces over the years...I'll have to pull some pieces out and do some testing...

Let us know what you find. I was told they were aluminum, but quickly informed by M46rat that they are and always have been stainless. Bless him. I did take another look at the pieces I have when told that, and have concluded they are stainless.

cataclysm80

screamindriver

To be honest I never gave it much thought as to them being something other than aluminum...They're so light and  fragile compared to the standard trim pieces I've always assumed they were an aluminum alloy...But hey, I'm all for learning something new that's what we're all here for...I can do some quick testing on them and know for sure...

Dwight knows his stuff I've spoken with him many times about the finer details on different assemblies...It's a shame he had one of his cars stolen I have'nt seen him post much anywhere since then...

Anyhow 71Gran Coupe you may be in luck I know I have a complete set that I'm not selling but I'm sure I have another set that's missing the top,corner piece in my stash trouble is it's packed away for protection and needs to be found give me some time...Yes I'm a hoarder too...There's a fine line between saving parts and getting out of control...Keep in mind B bodies and I believe C bodies had a textured rear window trim also so make sure you know what you're looking at if you come across it on the web for sale...

Nice pics Tav...From what's been discussed previously it's my understanding the textured trim was only available in black...Any other color got the standard polished trim...Never thought about it much until that came up..

EDIT: Yes this is an Ebody site but I figured I'd throw this 71 B body gator grain textured rear window trim for the entertainment value..

71GranCoupe

Quote from: screamindriver on January 26, 2017, 03:15:48 PM
To be honest I never gave it much thought as to them being something other than aluminum...They're so light and  fragile compared to the standard trim pieces I've always assumed they were an aluminum alloy...But hey, I'm all for learning something new that's what we're all here for...I can do some quick testing on them and know for sure...

Dwight knows his stuff I've spoken with him many times about the finer details on different assemblies...It's a shame he had one of his cars stolen I have'nt seen him post much anywhere since then...

Anyhow 71Gran Coupe you may be in luck I know I have a complete set that I'm not selling but I'm sure I have another set that's missing the top,corner piece in my stash trouble is it's packed away for protection and needs to be found give me some time...Yes I'm a hoarder too...There's a fine line between saving parts and getting out of control...Keep in mind B bodies and I believe C bodies had a textured rear window trim also so make sure you know what you're looking at if you come across it on the web for sale...

Nice pics Tav...From what's been discussed previously it's my understanding the textured trim was only available in black...Any other color got the standard polished trim...Never thought about it much until that came up..

EDIT: Yes this is an Ebody site but I figured I'd throw this 71 B body gator grain textured rear window trim for the entertainment value..

Thanks for all the info screamindriver! Ya let me know what you find when time permits. I have been looking for parts for quite sometime and the list is getting shorter. Think the two window trims parts are the last of oem things, except for the fenders. I am not sure the quality of the Goodmark, and all the oem fenders are located on the east coast or in southern Florida. Shipping would be a killer.  COuld get the AMD Cuda ones and fill in the gills. but that doesn't even sound right. In fact I think I picked up the Gran Coupe Trunk Latch cover from you a couple years ago, if memory serve me correctly.   :thankyou: