Main Menu

Wanted, front drum Left hand wheel studs

Started by gaddied, August 26, 2017, 07:23:14 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

Looking for new 10 left hand wheel studs for front 11" drum brakes for my 70 Cuda.

Cuda Cody

You can still get brand new Left hand thread Drum studs.  @MoparDave  got me a couple sets of new ones last year.  Might try reaching out to him and see if he can still get them.  Let him know the length because the disc and drums are different.

RUNCHARGER

Doing it correctly: One of my pet peeves is a 70 with all righties on it. I guess it's part of what makes a Mopar a Mopar and there was good engineering behind it too.
Sheldon

70/6chall

Sheldon...... You know I think the same as you do, when I get down and face the wheels and tires with a lug wrench, you just have to stop for a moment and think "Ok, which way". And for me I can't let a senior moment get in the way. Always have to remember to tell tire technicians, they are not the norm. Don't know why I've never changed them out to be same. The MOPAR engineers at the time did it for a reason. At the last Spring Fling, here in SoCal, I picked up a whole new set of Rallye wheel chrome lugs from MOPAR Ed.        Thanks,   Al

RUNCHARGER

An old Mopar partsman told me in the 70's "always break them loose to the rear of the car".
Sheldon

71GranCoupe

Quote from: RUNCHARGER on August 26, 2017, 09:30:29 AM
An old Mopar partsman told me in the 70's "always break them loose to the rear of the car".

That is a new line Sheldon, never gave it that a thought, but makes perfect sense.  :banana:

73_Cuda_4_Me

Seems maybe to be just the opposite...??? From what I remember, the passenger side studs are L's, and you'd want to turn toward front of car (clockwise), and the driver's side are R's, so you turn them to the front also (CCW)..??
73 340 `Cuda 727 Auto on Column

BS23H3B

JS29

Left side- left hand tread, right side right hand thread.  :alan2cents: