Main Menu

Operation Barracuda convertible

Started by 1969daytona, March 12, 2020, 03:25:00 AM

Previous topic Next topic

1969daytona

Operation Barracuda convertible:
Hey gang..  At my wits end with this convertible and certain clips/fasteners.. Question.. How many clips are supposed to be used in the securing the Convertible top well bright trim? And, is there a source. I may have connections to some used ones, but want to make sure I have enough for all of them (3 sections).

Thanks..

HEMICUDA

Quote from: 1969daytona on March 12, 2020, 03:25:00 AM
Operation Barracuda convertible:
Hey gang..  At my wits end with this convertible and certain clips/fasteners.. Question.. How many clips are supposed to be used in the securing the Convertible top well bright trim? And, is there a source. I may have connections to some used ones, but want to make sure I have enough for all of them (3 sections).

Thanks..

I manufactured thousands of the convertible well trim clips for R/T Specialties years ago. 

anlauto

There are two style clips. The rear piece secures the trim by clips that just clip on to the body. I've seen cars with as much as 11 of these clips being used and as little as 9. The two side pieces secure with clips that attach the trim to the body with screws going up from the bottom. There are 6 of these clips on each side.
R/T Specialities likely sells them as a kit.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1969daytona

Thanks Mike and Alan...

Does anyone have pictures of the clips installed without the trim on? The rear section seems pretty straight forward, but the sides might be a little more complicated.. Classic industries shows a part number, but status "arriving soon".. I will try Tom again. I sent him an email yesterday.... I see Jaime at Megapartsusa has them listed...

I understand that there are special screws on the side?

Troy

anlauto

The side clips actually secure inside the trim, and YES I would hope they come with the correct screws. Unfortunately I don't have a convertible in my shop these days.
Jamie at Megaparts is always good to deal with  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration