Main Menu

WANTED: OEM Challenger door edge guards

Started by benlavigne, February 01, 2020, 10:28:36 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Thank you Terry.... :worship: :cheers:  I guess that's why my pair came in one bag  :)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

318Stroker

Quote from: mccannix on February 10, 2020, 10:43:12 AM
I used to find them years ago at old dealerships.
If I recall there were two in each wrapper, the left and right under one part number.
If you were to need one you would have to order the single part number which got you both.
They are seen in the accessory book, therefore dealer installed.
I know 4 door ones all came in one wrapper, under one part number....a friend has a set he'll likely die with.

I would guess that the words "1 piece" on the package refers to the fact that each individual molding, the right and the left, comes as a one piece unit per side, vs. a two piece unit per side.

benlavigne

Thanks anyway, Alan, wondering if, like the wheel trim rings and antenna, these were shippped uninstalled in the car, even if they were on the BCS?

Ben

71vert340

I was cleaning up some more in my shop and ran across a drivers door edge guard. I almost threw it out in the scrap metal pile but remembered this thread recently. It looks like the ones in this thread's photos. I found it has the manufacturers name stamped in the inside edge - ADELL. Is this original or aftermarket? Just wondering so I can pitch it and not feel guilty. Thanks.
Terry

benlavigne

I guess Aftermarket ones are not usually bent and shaped like that...
I'd think someone else will need one or two as soon as you throw that one out...
I might use an extra in case, if you're going to throw it out... ;-)

Ben