Main Menu

Wanted - Original Style Holley Fuel Line Inlet Fittings

Started by Floyd, February 28, 2023, 03:14:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Floyd

Looking for 1-2 of these original style fuel line inlet fittings for a sixpack setup.  Pretty sure other Holley carbs used these during the late 60s-early 70s.  Looking for un-boogered ones of course.

@Fastmark (since I think you restore sixpack carbs and maybe have some spares).

Thanks for the ad!

Fastmark

Yes they are rare. I was told by my predecessor that those only came in the center carb only from the factory but I'm not sure that is true. I don't have very many of those and I've been saving them for my six pack cars so I don't think I have any extras. I'll check, though. I'm going to look into that more on some original sets of carbs I still have.

Floyd

I still need one fitting.  Thanks

moreparts

I had one off a '70 4bbl carb I was going to offer you, but it's not the same as what you're looking for.  I think Mark may be on the mark with those being 6bbl only parts.

440ehigh

I can't help with any spares of these but did you ever find out if these were on the center carb only or on the outboards as well.

jt4406

I also wondered how the 6 pack/barrel cars were originally equipped (fuel bowl inlet fittings) and have observed this on as many "original" cars as I could. Here is a close up pic of an "untouched" low mileage 69 6 barrel RR at MCACN couple years ago. I believe the center and rear carb bowls were fitted with these special fittings but not the front as it was accessible with a normal 1" wrench which will not fit into the close quarters the other two are in. Just my observations and experiences (with my own 6 pack on my Challenger).  I would be interested in a couple myself.   jess in ky

"Yeah, it's hopped up to over 160........"

Floyd

Here are some AAR/TA survivor pics and pics of an NOS carb with the unique fitting.  I've seen examples where all three carbs had the fitting and examples with just two carbs. 

440ehigh

I've used the original service manuals for reference pictures to see what they pictured I'll attach pictures form the 71 manual but it shows the center and outboard carbs with ones Floyd's looking for.

I see Holley currently sells the fittings that look like the other ones pictured I wonder when they switched to that style.

These looked like they were originally machined parts and not a cast or forged part. I wonder if enough people interested could get a CNC shop to make a small run of these.

Floyd

Great thinking about the service manual illustration.  A friend pointed out this one from the 69 service manual showing the hex style shoulder.  Pure speculation, but I wonder if the change to the round shoulder style was made later, after people figured out how hard it was to service the carbs with the hex style?