Main Menu

Looking for a complete set of black seat belts for a 70 Cuda Convertible

Started by Cuda_mark, October 20, 2022, 07:59:13 AM

Previous topic Next topic

MKA

Quote from: 71vert340 on October 22, 2022, 08:02:20 AM
Well, I gained something from this discussion. I've had these seatbelts for at least 30 years and could not remember what they were for. Now I know they are a 1970 style seat belt. They did not match the belts in both 71s I have. Good to know.
Terry W.

Wouldn't those be deluxe seat belts having the push button buckle for 1970.   I might be wrong but the button looks a little different.  Could be a mix?   Looks like you have the labels, easy enough to look up

71vert340

@MKA. You are correct in that the pushbutton receiver had a tag with 1972 stamped on it. @Cuda_mark. Let me check. I'm taking possession of another rolling chassis Challenger that is all apart and I need to see if it has seat belts in the parts boxes. Unfortunately, I don't have the receivers for these belts. It's a very incomplete set.
Terry W.

Cuda_mark

Quote from: 198D13 on October 22, 2022, 09:20:38 AM
Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 22, 2022, 08:24:26 AM
Quote from: 71vert340 on October 22, 2022, 08:02:20 AM
Well, I gained something from this discussion. I've had these seatbelts for at least 30 years and could not remember what they were for. Now I know they are a 1970 style seat belt. They did not match the belts in both 71s I have. Good to know.
Terry W.
[mention]71vert340 [/mention] And being the original poster looking for a set of 70 black belts....if you're interested in selling that set, I'd be interested in buying them.

@71vert340 Terry, those are mostly 1970 LA E Body made belts, but there are 72 and up ones in there too.
@cuda_mark  Mark, because they are from an LA made car, they would not have ever been for a convertible, as no convertible were ever made at the LA plant, E Body ones anyways.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[mention]198D13 [/mention] how do you tell if they are for LA built cars? What is the visual difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JS29

Interested myself, I have a 70 barracuda LA built. my re tractors are missing.  If you are selling and the others in line before my can't use them and are willing to sell, I would be interested. I would buy the hole set if need be.  :popcorn: 

71vert340

I'm trying to remember when I parted out a 1970 E-body. The only 70 e-body I ever parted out was a 70 RT/SE about 1980 or so. It was a totally rusted out 383 auto car. In those days, it couldn't be saved. What I can't figure out is what I did with the receiver/buckle side of the belts.

Now, I'd save it.
Terry W.

miketerzis

Hi,

one other option is to get a set of hardtop seatbelts and just unstitch the belts. it will work the same. And a lot cheaper.

regards
Mike

Cuda_mark

Quote from: miketerzis on October 23, 2022, 06:40:48 PM
Hi,

one other option is to get a set of hardtop seatbelts and just unstitch the belts. it will work the same. And a lot cheaper.

regards
Mike

I honestly don't know the differences between hardtop and convertible belts. I can't even imagine why they would need to be different. Can someone explain?

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda_mark on October 24, 2022, 06:04:51 AM
Quote from: miketerzis on October 23, 2022, 06:40:48 PM
Hi,

regards
Mike

I honestly don't know the differences between hardtop and convertible belts. I can't even imagine why they would need to be different. Can someone explain?
The only difference that I'm aware of is the inside lap belts for each bucket seat. On convertibles there's only one female receptacle on each seat for the lap, whereas hardtops have two, one for the lap belt, and one for the shoulder belt.

As mentioned, they are usually sewn together, but can carefully be separated pretty easy.

Again I recommend new ones from PG Classics :twothumbsup:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

6bblgt

@Cuda_mark

I have these from a '70 convertible Challenger $300   :takealook: