Main Menu

WTB a 1970 drum brake master cylinder AANF marked.

Started by gaddied, July 09, 2020, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic Next topic

gaddied

Looking for a 1970 drum brake master cylinder marked AANF on the bottom. I know about the rain man brakes. But I would like to buy one from some one here. PM me here if anyone has one to sell.
Thanks
Dennis

gaddied

GoMangoBoys

I am switching to disc brakes on the front, so my MC is avalaible.  I will check the markings on it.  What is special about AANF?

xx88man

I think I may have one. I'll have to look have a look. Do you have any pics of the markings you are looking for?
Keep yer foot in it

gaddied

Quote from: GoMangoBoys on July 19, 2020, 07:14:35 AM
I am switching to disc brakes on the front, so my MC is avalaible.  I will check the markings on it.  What is special about AANF?
It is for the 1970 E Body only.

gaddied

Quote from: xx88man on July 19, 2020, 08:06:22 AM
I think I may have one. I'll have to look have a look. Do you have any pics of the markings you are looking for?
No photos, But it will only have AANF on the bottom of M/C . Camel back top cover with one bolt.

Cuda Cody

I'm sure I have one if no one else is able to get you one.  I just need to find time to look for it.

xx88man

I have this.... but I honestly don't know if it's from an E body. Someone here should know......
Keep yer foot in it

gaddied

Quote from: Cuda Cody on July 19, 2020, 05:55:41 PM
I'm sure I have one if no one else is able to get you one.  I just need to find time to look for it.
Please let me know if you find it.

gaddied

Quote from: xx88man on July 19, 2020, 06:38:11 PM
I have this.... but I honestly don't know if it's from an E body. Someone here should know......
I think that's for a 1970 A body . it's not a 1970 E Body.
Thanks for your time.

6bblgt

what is your source for this master cylinder ID info E VS. A, B, C, etc.?

got pics of the correct one?

1970 Parts Catalog shows:
  #3420961 a-body master cylinder with power & manual drum brakes
  #2808577 b, c, e-body master cylinder with power & manual drum brakes

does the a-body have a smaller bore diameter?

JH27N0B

There's 3 different casting numbers found on 67-70 Mopar drum brake master cylinders but I've never found any differences between them other than the casting number and location of the date code. They are all 1" bore diameter.  They were used on both power and manual brake applications.  There was a dust boot to use with manual brakes that was typically included loose in the box when you bought a replacement master cylinder.
I've wondered why they used 3 casting numbers but no idea why.  Since this part was used almost across all model lines they must have made a million of them.  Maybe multiple factories and several suppliers for the castings and they used different casting numbers at different factories, or different casting numbers at different foundries?

6bblgt

6bblgt

@xx88man  is there something stamped here  :takealook:  what is it?

xx88man

I don't know. If I get a chance this week I'll try to clean it up and get a better look
Keep yer foot in it