Main Menu

WTB AC Discharge Line/Muffler

Started by Wesari, October 02, 2023, 07:19:31 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Wesari

Hey all, looking for an AC discharge line and muffler for my 73 Barracuda. Thanks!!

Rich G.

Classic Air can restore your old one if you have it.

CudaJim

@Wesari

A few questions -

I assume you are looking for the stock E-Body AC line with muffler for the small block engines that were available in 1973 (and not for a big block engine transplant into your '73...).

Do you want a line and muffler that is new/NOS, and that might work for a 'stock' working AC system (are you trying to make your stock AC work again), or do you just want a correct, original look hose and muffler for show, that would have the correct appearance, but no guarantees it would work again for an AC system?

I also assume you have the rest of your AC system?

I ask because I may have the part as part of a complete 'underhood' system removed from a small block E-body years ago, that would look correct, but that may not be a good choice to get an AC system up and running again...  I'd also kinda rather not break up the complete set...

blown motor

I might have one from my 74 but what is the "muffler"?
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

Wesari

It's the cylinder that the line goes into next to the compressor. I have a pic on my phone but it won't let me post it

Wesari

I'm not looking for the whole system. Just the line from the compressor to the condenser.

Wesari

Quote from: blown motor on October 03, 2023, 01:33:06 PM
I might have one from my 74 but what is the "muffler"?

If you still have the one from your '74 I'd love to chat.

blown motor

I need a pic so I know which one it is. I have not seen the system complete so I'm not well versed on what goes where. I'll message you my email address.
Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel