Main Menu

WTB - Big Block Bellhousing 2892513 (Found)

Started by Farris-Cuda, June 12, 2020, 10:52:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Farris-Cuda

I'm looking for a big block aluminum bellhousing for my 70 Cuda.
Part number: 2892513

Please DM me if have one.

DeathProofCuda

anlauto

They also make them in reproduction  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

DeathProofCuda

Farris-Cuda

Farris-Cuda

Quote from: DeathProofCuda on June 12, 2020, 12:24:16 PM
Looks like Brewers also sells reconditioned originals:

http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.php?prod=BH513

I already called them and they don't have any of the reconditioned bellhousings.
Also it looks like the company who used to do the casting for the reproduction ones are not making any at this time. :/

Crocha617

There was one on ebay a couple of days ago. It was over $500 though I believe. I need one as well but I'm in no rush.

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Farris-Cuda

Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2020, 01:18:42 PM
Could you use the American Powertrain one ? https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/awr-bhch10004/make/dodge

It's reasonably priced.
I hope someone will be able to tell if it will work on the the 10.5 130 tooth flywheel.

Cuda Cody

Welcome to the forum @Farris-Cuda   :welcome:

Where you located?  I might have one.  @cuda hunter  mentioned he might want it so I have to give him first shot at it, but if he doesn't take it you can have it.

anlauto

Quote from: Farris-Cuda on June 12, 2020, 01:42:45 PM
Quote from: anlauto on June 12, 2020, 01:18:42 PM
Could you use the American Powertrain one ? https://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/awr-bhch10004/make/dodge

It's reasonably priced.
I hope someone will be able to tell if it will work on the the 10.5 130 tooth flywheel.

The ad says it does ? " New Chrysler Big Block CNC Aluminum Bellhousing, 130t /143t applications, TKO, All A-833 , includes bell...

Maybe give their tech line a call ? https://americanpowertrain.com/shop/bell-housing-adapters/mopar-big-block-aluminum-bell-housing-tko/  Says "in Stock" as well...

jamesroney

@Farris-Cuda  @Crocha617

If you need something to carry you until you find a good unbroken aluminum bell...I ran this Lakewood Steel Bell in my Cuda for a few months.

Bell housings are kind of funny...because when you need one, you can never find one.  But when you don't need one, it seems like they are everywhere.

This lakewood is configured for 130 or 143 tooth flywheel, 10.5, 10.95, or 11 inch clutch, has multiple linkage mounts, is safer, and can be drilled for most any transmission.

It works great.  I'm happy to sell it outright for $400 or maybe rent it for $100 for the year?

James in Fremont, CA

BS23N0E

Farris-Cuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on June 12, 2020, 01:48:56 PM
Welcome to the forum @Farris-Cuda   :welcome:

Where you located?  I might have one.  @cuda hunter  mentioned he might want it so I have to give him first shot at it, but if he doesn't take it you can have it.

Thanks @Cuda Cody! I've been visiting the forum for a while and I'm overwhelmed with the support I received in my first post (Definitely not last ;))
The car is in Houston TX. I'm preparing it to be shipped overseas. The bellhousing is the missing part of the puzzle to complete the drivetrain. So I would love to get it if Cuda Hunter doesn't take it.

Farris-Cuda

Quote from: jamesroney on June 12, 2020, 02:14:55 PM
@Farris-Cuda  @Crocha617

If you need something to carry you until you find a good unbroken aluminum bell...I ran this Lakewood Steel Bell in my Cuda for a few months.

Bell housings are kind of funny...because when you need one, you can never find one.  But when you don't need one, it seems like they are everywhere.

This lakewood is configured for 130 or 143 tooth flywheel, 10.5, 10.95, or 11 inch clutch, has multiple linkage mounts, is safer, and can be drilled for most any transmission.

It works great.  I'm happy to sell it outright for $400 or maybe rent it for $100 for the year?

James in Fremont, CA

That's absolutely true. I've seen so many old posts for bellhousings for sale!
I will try to find a bellhousing if not I'll have to consider a scattershield and yours seems to be in good condition as well.

1973Cuda

I have a big block bell housing (and a crossmember) from a 383 1971 Challenger RT that is available. It appears to be in good condition but I don't believe it is aluminum. I would have no problem shipping and selling. Please let me know if you are still interested.