Main Menu

WTB KH 80012 Big Mouth Driver Side Caliper

Started by 70_440-6Cuda, May 10, 2023, 07:39:21 AM

Previous topic Next topic

70_440-6Cuda

Looking to buy a KH 80012 big mouth front driver side caliper, thanks
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

benguin

I'm in the same boat, but am using a later model caliper for now.  Two national parts store chains picture a big mouth caliper on their sites, but that isn't what they send.  I will acknowledge that the local O'Reilly's Auto Parts did order the six they showed at the regional parts center for me.  Yep- all six were the later model. :-)

Still trying!

70_440-6Cuda

ANYONE have a line on the driver's side caliper??  I have found about a dozen passenger side, WTF??? :haha:
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy horsepower and that's kind of the same thing.....

71GranCoupe

70_440-6Cuda

Car was built June'70, but I am not going to get hung up on date codes - if I try to get that detailed the car will never be done!  I just want it to be period correct, not a concourse 100 point restoration.  Thanks!

71GranCoupe

If you post a picture of the passenger side caliper, I can check the one I have to make sure it is the correct driver side you are looking for.

benguin

This thread has a very good shot of the driver side.  Difference is the location of the bleeder valve from R to L side- should be at the high point when mounted.
https://forum.e-bodies.org/parts-misc-for-sale/9/-1970-kelsey-hayes-80012-wide-mouth-caliper-sold/21735/