Main Menu

WTB TA rockers

Started by spoolinhard, August 22, 2020, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

spoolinhard

I am missing one offset rocker, I understand that I am probably going to have to purchase a whole set. Let me know what you have.
thanks

nonfish

Do you need a Left or a Right one?

spoolinhard

I am missing a single 072 rocker.

nonfish

The 072 would be a right offset intake rocker.

gzig5

What is the offset of the T/A vs W2 rocker?  I have some that I am not sure which they are but I could measure the offset from the center of the adjuster to the center of the tip.

nonfish

The W2 Intake, had a 1/4" greater pushrod offset than the T/A Intake rocker arm does. So W2 and T/A  Intake rocker arms are not interchangeable.
This picture shows the difference as to where the push rod adjuster is located between the two of them. The tip on the valve side of the arm has the same offset between the two of them.

gzig5

Looks like mine are all W2/W5 style, so I won't be able to help.
Good luck.

Now I should find a nice pair of W2 heads....

Fastmark

Well, how about some goods news on this subject. I have a bunch of raw casting W2 rockers that I picked up from mopar in the 80's. I called a place to see if they could machine them into TA rockers. After looking at them, I thought it might not work and they confirmed that in an email. However, they did say they had spare W2 AND offset TA rockers for sale! You need to call Rocker Arms Unlimited in Redding, CA ASAP. Their  number is 530-242-1316. The email is rockerarms@rockerarms.com

spoolinhard

I will absolutely do that, thanks for the tip!!

spoolinhard

Rockers unlimited was mistaken, they could not locate the rockers. Thanks again for the tip, still looking!

Fastmark

spoolinhard

Bump. Im to the point in my engine assembly where I need to install my rockers. Looks like I will have to go full aftermarket within a couple days.

Rich G.

Not to sound to dumb but what is a W2 rocker. Im not  familiar with those rockers so always looking to learn something new

Skdmark

From what I I have been told by some racing buddies that have used the W2 since the 80s..

W2 is a small block aftermarket head platform from Mopar Performance that goes back to the 70s. There have been several variations produced over the years. The W2 heads require specific valvetrain, exhaust and intake manifolds etc. The W2's are a strong foundation to make some serious power.

Good luck on your search OP.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.
-Harlan Ellison

(O OI====II====IO O)    (O O{]{]{] ][ [}[}[}O O)
:stayinlane:

Rich G.