Main Menu

1971 production by color

Started by 70 Challenger Lover, May 07, 2019, 06:39:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

Just to clarify Plymouth used Goodyear tires not BFG's  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

72 Challenger

out of curiosity,

Are stats like these about colour break down or percentage of vehicles that came with hubcaps available for all models of vehicles across the mopar brands? Could someone tell us this information for say a fury? or a scamp? an Imperial?

Or was this information only available for certain models like the Challenger/ Cuda?

It would be really cool to see this type of information for some of the more oddity models.
Someday I will have a J0b.

superdave

Wow, my '71 Challenger had the "deluxe" wheel covers on it when I bought it. I called them "watermelon" hubcaps because I thought they look like a slice of watermelin. :bradsthumb:  :rofl:

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: superdave on May 08, 2019, 07:40:19 AM
Wow, my '71 Challenger had the "deluxe" wheel covers on it when I bought it. I called them "watermelon" hubcaps because I thought they look like a slice of watermelin. :bradsthumb:  :rofl:

I've heard them referred to as flying saucers but you're right, they do remind me of watermelon

6bblgt

Quote from: 72 Challenger on May 08, 2019, 05:40:25 AM
out of curiosity,

Are stats like these about colour break down or percentage of vehicles that came with hubcaps available for all models of vehicles across the mopar brands? Could someone tell us this information for say a fury? or a scamp? an Imperial?

Or was this information only available for certain models like the Challenger/ Cuda?

It would be really cool to see this type of information for some of the more oddity models.

what I've seen is mostly B & E-body (some A-body) '66-'71 - nothing '72 & newer and mothing C-body  :thinking: anyone seen or heard of anyone with c-body or newer info?

anlauto

Nigel Mills at National Moparts would be the guy to ask about C Body info  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

72 Challenger

Quote from: anlauto on May 08, 2019, 09:44:47 AM
Nigel Mills at National Moparts would be the guy to ask about C Body info  :alan2cents:

So all of that to say that most of this information was put together by enthusiasts dedicated to their individual cars.

I am not actually looking for C body info it was just an example. Very cool that someone has put C body information together though.
With my new car I would be looking for 1970 Duster information, anyone have a lead on where to find that?

6bblgt

I have some '70 Duster info ...... start a new thread & "WE" can go from there  :wave:

72 Challenger

Quote from: 6bblgt on May 08, 2019, 10:45:03 AM
I have some '70 Duster info ...... start a new thread & "WE" can go from there  :wave:

ohh man give me a few minutes. I will put it in off topic!

cuda hunter

Since this thread was brought up on the BS23H1B118712 thread I read through this and there wasn't a very good picture of the deluxe wheel cover picture so I am posting these few pictures of the 1971 M46 pictures. 
One picture was in the Motor Trends 1971 buyers guide.  Another from a Travelers guide and the other supposedly from Hot Rod magazine.    I've been looking for a copy of these books for years and have yet to find them.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

I have the Oct 70 issue of Plymouth Traveler....it only has one small picture of that convertible..

cuda hunter

If you ever see another one I would gladly purchase it with an upcharge of course.

Is it the same picture as I have above?
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee