Main Menu

Does anyone own this reference book?

Started by 7E-Bodies, September 07, 2019, 07:22:59 AM

Previous topic Next topic

6bblgt

Quote from: JH27N0B on September 07, 2019, 07:42:24 AM
That's one of Galen Goviers "Little white books" that were very popular back in the 90s and early 2000s before most any detailed information you needed could be found on the Internet.
I have several of his books, but I don't think I'd bought that one.  What information are you trying to find out?

the thing is  :thinking: Galen's "little white books" are the source material for most if not ALL those web sites with the information
as the original material is scarce & if it's not in one of Galen's books most production number questions go unanswered

6bblgt

Quote from: anlauto on September 07, 2019, 08:00:24 AM
This book doesn't have any pictures, only tons of pages with very small font writing  :('

as the hobby ages & becomes "more" vision impaired  :takealook: combined with - the need to update and reprint his books
Galen has be producing them in a larger format/font also

anlauto

Yea...I looked at the above link posted and saw no mention of the LARGER copies....I could use some... :rubeyes:

It's funny how Galen gets a bad rap these days, but I agree like you said....he's responsible for most of the info out there :worship:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: anlauto on September 09, 2019, 03:28:10 AM
Yea...I looked at the above link posted and saw no mention of the LARGER copies....I could use some... :rubeyes:

It's funny how Galen gets a bad rap these days, but I agree like you said....he's responsible for most of the info out there :worship:

No doubt Galen has done a ton of good for the hobby, And in the past I spent decent money to get his knowledge... At some point he started bending the rules, certifying less than honest cars for people with the right way of approaching the subject (What ever way that is) & his opinion's value fell....  Also he couldn't find the time to help people with lesser cars or perhaps lesser bank accounts... Hey, thats fine if your honest about it up front... But when you take that lesser person's money and fail to provide the promised service I see it as breach of contract...

70 Challenger Lover

I think a persons motivations also should be taken into account. I've always got the impression that all he cares about is money and that is a huge turn off. I too appreciate his knowledge and what he has done but if he only did it for money and nothing else than my appreciation just isn't as high. On his website, he used to have some sort of service where he'd answer so many questions for a specific amount of money. That just galled me to no end. Certainly he's entitled to get paid for work performed but to answer a simple question he charges money? Knowledgeable people in this forum answer questions for free all day long and some of them who own businesses still find a way to make money without resorting to that kind of nonsense. If he truly believes he is too busy and important to answer questions, than don't answer them or refer them to one of your books if the answers are in there but to charge money to answer an email is downright distasteful.

7E-Bodies

Just ordered his 69-71 reference. On its way.  A little pricey.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

7E-Bodies

Sorry, just now saw your question.  I just want to soak up as much as I can. I'm currently restoring my 9th E Body and still at times have some dumb questions. Plus, this hobby is addictive.
1970 Challenger R/T Numbers Matching 440 Auto in F8 Quad Green

screamindriver

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on September 09, 2019, 10:10:36 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 09, 2019, 03:28:10 AM

No doubt Galen has done a ton of good for the hobby, And in the past I spent decent money to get his knowledge... At some point he started bending the rules, certifying less than honest cars for people with the right way of approaching the subject (What ever way that is) & his opinion's value fell....  Also he couldn't find the time to help people with lesser cars or perhaps lesser bank accounts... Hey, thats fine if your honest about it up front... But when you take that lesser person's money and fail to provide the promised service I see it as breach of contract...
I've got his little books also..It's amazing the info packed into those small books...There did seem to be quite a few people waiting on his service at one point..Like him or hate him, I couldn't stop laughing when this pic of his "backlog" was posted on another site... :haha: