Main Menu

rear speaker install with defogger H31

Started by ec_co, January 09, 2017, 11:50:47 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

I found them in opposite positions on the two cars I restored with them. Yes the red sunroof car I just did has a full spare and the defroster under the package tray and the speaker towards the rear. :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

71GranCoupe

Couple pictures from my 70 RT/SE Survivor. Speaker mounted in the front.

Topcat

I would agree with you that they were put either way.

These assembly people were paid low wages, and you had different shifts.
Probably a lack of communication at times what goes where and how.

Certainly opened the doors for some being one way and others mounted the other way. 

Topcat

Take a look at the picture with the de fogger.

What is going on here

https://dubuque.craigslist.org/cto/6029083733.htm

cataclysm80

They probably didn't install it properly because they didn't have the special adapter, and wanted to keep their rear speaker in place.

This would still blow air onto the rear window, it's just that the air won't be cabin air, so it would be a little different temperature.

6bblgt

Quote from: Topcat on March 25, 2017, 10:33:16 PM
Take a look at the picture with the de fogger.

What is going on here

car is coded for REAR DE-FOG & it was relocated when aftermarket rear speakers were added to the car

Topcat

Quote from: cataclysm80 on March 25, 2017, 10:40:20 PM
They probably didn't install it properly because they didn't have the special adapter, and wanted to keep their rear speaker in place.

This would still blow air onto the rear window, it's just that the air won't be cabin air, so it would be a little different temperature.

Unfortunately, the Craigslist posting is gone.
It was supposedly an unrestored 71' Cuda.

cataclysm80

Yeah, "unrestored" is sort of a flexible term.
If I bought a new car back then, and a few years later did an engine swap, added some options from the local junkyard, added some big speakers in the kick panels, and repainted the car a different color, I could claim that the car was unrestored.
Certainly modified, but not restored. :)