Main Menu

Moparty in Bowling Green, Kentucky - Sept 16th-18th

Started by JSmithTN, February 19, 2022, 06:23:10 AM

Previous topic Next topic

JSmithTN

Trying to see if anyone knows which hotels are the "Hosting" hotels for this event?
Iif anyone went before, where they would recommend staying.

JH27N0B

I've been there both years and hope to go again this year. I'm not aware of any host hotels.  In fact lodging is one of the drawbacks of the show in my opinion.
A friend of mine is in some sort of Marriot "frequent flyer" program and made us reservations at the Marriot Fairfield inn I think it was called.  Marriot has two hotels across a side street from each other.  The one we stayed in was very nice, but even with his discount I was surprised at the price.  For a room with a queen size bed, and a sofa bed it was $250 a night.  The clerk told us Friday and Saturday would have been $350 a night without his discount. The other Marriot at that location was the HQ hotel for a modern Mopar club and if you are in that club maybe they get a decent rate there?
That brings to mind the stories of the hotel price gouging I hear about at Carlisle.  :verymad:
I talked to a guy who goes to the Buick show there every year and he said he stays at a Red Roof Inn somewhere on the outskirts of the city that isn't too bad.  I didn't ask him the rates though.
They do have a campground at the track so if you don't mind camping that would be a budget way to go.
The other problem I saw was dining, the restaurants get pretty crowded for the weekend.  Saturday we found 2 hour waits for reservations when we called around, so gave up and ordered carry out and ate by our trailers and cars in the parking lot.  The weather was nice that evening so not too bad, but still you look forward to going out so that was disappointing.
I don't know the area but maybe someone local knows nearby towns where you can get a room not inflated and restaurants not packed if you don't mind driving a half hour or so each way back and forth to the track each day?

JSmithTN

I reached out to a friend that is a Holley tech based out of Bowling Green and he sent me a link to the hotels the event promoted last year, the Courtyard by Marriott was listed as the host hotel last year. The link stated " 2022 HOTEL INFORMATION COMING SOON !"
I just booked a king room at the Courtyard for the weekend the rate I got was $180 per night, that is a member rate. The flexible rate is $189 for a king and $199 for 2 queens.
It may be good to go ahead and book a room now, you should be able to cancel up to 24 hrs prior to check in at no cost if something changes or you find something better.

JH27N0B

Thanks for the info.
Lots of stuff TBD for me this year.  I'd got together with a group from here in Chicagoland to go, hoping that comes together again this year.  The pair of hotels we were at had good trailer parking, but I'm concerned about that now, as I noticed for sale signs by the area of the lot the rigs parked in. Lots of growth going on and it looks like the area by the road is on the market to build a little strip mall or something.
The friend I roomed with both years got frustrated by rain at the 2021 shows he traveled to plus got mad at a perceived slight by others in our group therefore says he isn't up for road trips now.
If my deal for a late friends trailer doesn't fall through I may rough it in the camping area, or I may stay with an old Mopar friend who moved north of Nashville. Or hope the group from 2020 and 2021 holds together and I remain with them.
Which car to take, my Magnum GT, my convertible, the show queen T/A (judging and awards there were a weak point of the event)?
Planning trips always gets so complicated!
Hoping it all comes together and weather was like 2020 was, great time!