Main Menu

Dream Workshop Design - Build Your "Dodge Mahal" or "Dodge Mahal Jr" or....

Started by xs29j8, February 21, 2017, 01:41:36 PM

Previous topic Next topic

xs29j8

From the time I graduated from Texas A&M and entered my career in  Aerospace Engineering, I wanted a "Dodge Mahal" or whatever you choose to call the "Mother" of all workshops / garages/ Etc.  to try to make dream of a "Double Dirty Dozen" Mopar Collection achievable.

Well, that level of dreaming was crushed by several chronic illnesses that hit me after I turned 50... with Parkinson's Disease as the most debilitating one.  I am now 62 years old, and pursuing life and my primary hobby as well as I can, thanks to the support of my wonderful wife Jessica.  At any rate, the thread is going to be about workshop design, not Medicare and the Healthcare fiasco... :takemymoney:

I own almost two acres in a Small town just North of Fort Worth, Texas that has a 2,100 SF house built in 1988 and remodeled in 2014.  In addition there are two Steel welded frame metal buildings, the first is a 50x60 w/14 ft walls and a 10x60 "Loft", yielding about 3,500 SF of floorspace.  The second is a 30x60 Storage with  "drive thru" loading...

Below are some photos to help understand the arrangement.

Brads70

Timely post I'm just in the planning stages of a small garage myself.  :popcorn:

Moparman82

we can paste in some pictures of cody's shop here....and you ca mark it as my dream shop hahah thing is ridiculously awesome
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Brads70

Looks really nice, my wife has been watching a decorating show based in Waco Texas..... she said last night hey lets move there!  :)  Real estate seems much cheaper than here, looks like a nice place to retire too. 

Cuda Cody

@xs29j8  That is an impressive set up you got there!!!!! :clapping:  Super nice layout and plenty of room.   :inlove:  Tell me more about your security camera set up?

xs29j8

I lost the text that I typed up go along with these pictures... I will re-type it later...

Chryco Psycho

Truly amazing  , Congrats  8)
No Amount of $$ is worth what you health is worth , Parkinsons can be tough , my Mom has it but with the best case scenario . :('

Cuda Cody

@xs29j8  A lot of thought went in to that!!!!   :yes:   That is impressive.  Half the battle is thinking and coming up with the ideas.  Nice done my friend.   :bravo:

I hate it when I type out a response only to lose it when I try to reply.  It happens to all of us at some point.  Here's a neat feature that will solve that.  We have a "Save as Draft" button that will instantly save your reply.  And it keeps you on the same page so you can click it as many times as you want while you are replying.   That way you don'y ever lose anything you have typed out.  The "Save as Draft" is right here....  Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

70chall440

Don't have all of the outside niceties but I do have 2 40x60 shops..  :)
Mopar or no car!!!

xs29j8

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 21, 2017, 02:21:40 PM
@xs29j8  That is an impressive set up you got there!!!!! :clapping:  Super nice layout and plenty of room.   :inlove:  Tell me more about your security camera set up?

Thanks Cody!  The "CCTV" Security Camera System is fairly well developed, but is continually being updated... I have just finished bench testing a new system for the "Storage" building, as well as some upgraded night vision cameras for the Workshop.  The system is a fully integrated system with three DVRs/NVRs, mostly hard-wired with redundant back-up recording & coverage.  There are also several stand-alone small systems with NAS and SD Card back-up.

By no means fool-proof, but why jack with my "small potatoes" when there are multiple softer targets in the area...  and then there is the matter of not wanting to be trapped on a street with just one outlet with a bunch of NRA members... :o

Bullitt-

.                                               [glow=black,42,300]Doin It Southern Syle[/glow]       

Moparman82

Quote from: Brads70 on February 21, 2017, 02:10:36 PM
Looks really nice, my wife has been watching a decorating show based in Waco Texas..... she said last night hey lets move there!  :)  Real estate seems much cheaper than here, looks like a nice place to retire too.

Ur wife is a "fixer upper" fan too eh brad? :slapme5:
Looking for the right 70 Cuda project!

Cuda Cody

Makes my little alarm and camera system looks like child's play.  I have 5 cameras and it's okay, but man I would LOVE to have your set up.     :1place:  For sure

Quote from: xs29j8 on February 21, 2017, 04:33:34 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 21, 2017, 02:21:40 PM

Thanks Cody!  The "CCTV" Security Camera System is fairly well developed, but is continually being updated... I have just finished bench testing a new system for the "Storage" building, as well as some upgraded night vision cameras for the Workshop.  The system is a fully integrated system with three DVRs/NVRs, mostly hard-wired with redundant back-up recording & coverage.  There are also several stand-alone small systems with NAS and SD Card back-up.

By no means fool-proof, but why jack with my "small potatoes" when there are multiple softer targets in the area...  and then there is the matter of not wanting to be trapped on a street with just one outlet with a bunch of NRA members... :o

Cuda Cody

My wife LOVES those fixer up home shows too.   :))

Quote from: Moparman82 on February 21, 2017, 05:08:51 PM

Brads70

Quote from: Cuda Cody on February 21, 2017, 05:10:35 PM
My wife LOVES those fixer up home shows too.   :))

HAHA yes, I just read her your replies. She says EVERY wife is a fixer uppper fan with a grin