Main Menu

Guide to e body fasteners?

Started by Shoooter, February 05, 2017, 08:37:53 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Shoooter

Do you put the L bracket behind the headlight plate a pose to how it is in the picture?

anlauto

The clip nuts go on the headlight mounting plate, the brackets go on the outside or "on top" of the mounting plate.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

fc7cuda

I've not seen this book available digitally and we may not.  It would be alot easier to mass distribute on the secondary market resulting in no additional income for Dave.  I've never seen a digital version of Galen's white books either and they've been out for years.

Perhaps down the road things will change.... :dunno:

Tom

rhamson

headejm

Quote from: rhamson on February 06, 2017, 07:37:59 AM
Pay the man his money. He did all the work to collect the information.

http://shop.mmcdetroit.com/products/mmc-detroit-e-body-fastener-manual-1970-74-fastener-manual-fme-1

:iagree: Not to mention copyright laws. I for one, appreciate the work Dave has done for our hobby.

rhamson

I have the book and it is invaluable for identifying, buying and in many cases location where nuts and bolts go information. It is the best money I have spent besides the chassis and body manuals and I am just doing a restomod.  :drinkingbud:

realn96

Quote from: rhamson on February 06, 2017, 01:37:05 PM
I have the book and it is invaluable for identifying, buying and in many cases location where nuts and bolts go information. It is the best money I have spent besides the chassis and body manuals and I am just doing a restomod.  :drinkingbud:

:iagree:   The two books Dave sells , "for E bodys"  are the first two items I bought after buying the car!  HUGE books! can't  Imagine him ever putting it on a cd. You would be on the computer for weeks!. Buy the book , you won't be sorry!

Shoooter

I'll see if I can find a used one out there. Seems like it could help me