Main Menu

New Blast Cabinet

Started by Shane Kelley, March 08, 2018, 10:51:40 AM

Previous topic Next topic

anlauto

@Shane Kelley what do you think of the "front loading" cabinets ?

I'm thinking of buying this one http://www.reddogzone.com/products/sand-blasters/reddog-420l-sand-blaster 

Do you see any immediate problems or issues with this unit ??  I've never owned a cabinet blaster before.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Shane Kelley

I most definitely wouldn't want that one. My Snap On is front loading for big items but has a side door for most normal stuff you blast. I rarely needed to open the front. The problem with a front load is that it makes a hell of a mess every time you open it. Your reaching in and it's falling on your neck and back. Not to mention the floor. The other critical thing is the vacuum system. The old set up on the Snap On was terrible. You would have dust all over the place. Couldn't use it in any clean area. Now that I have upgraded it to the same set up as the Skat. No dust at all. You can use them sitting inside the same room as a build if you want. I highly recommend the Skat brand if you can get one up there.  The best bang for the buck. TP Tools is where I bought my new big one.

anlauto

Thank you, that was the exact information I was looking for. :cheers:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

HEMICUDA

Once you spend the $$ on a good cabinet, you'll be half way there.  A good cabinet needs a really good supply of dry air, a compressor large enough is the next piece to the puzzle.