Main Menu

Paintless dent repair kit.

Started by Roadman, December 01, 2017, 01:22:58 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

I've seen some paint jobs that the glue used in the video would pull off.  You are taking a chance if you are doing that type of dent repair on a car that is not factory painted.  There are some really good paintless dent repair guys out there that will do it without glue.  But on a newer factory painted car I would think the glue method would be fine.

headejm

I am amazed at the results achieved by reputable paintless dent removal companies. I got caught in a hail storm and my new car received over 1,200 dents. After the shop was finished, I couldn't find even one remaining dent. Not really magic, just lots of time, patience, and elbow grease. Fascinating results.

71GranCoupe

Not promoting the channel, but I watched this one awhile back and like many things, there is an art to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIZIMCUOBOE

Dakota

The first time I pulled a car in the garage this Fall, a moving blanket on a shelf got hung up on one of the door rollers.  Through a sequence of events that looked like the "Mousetrap" game I played as a kid, a bin got knocked off of another shelf that led to a dent in the side of the car.   I took it to a paintless dent repair place.  $150 later, I couldn't tell where the dent was originally.   Closest thing to magic I've seen in a long time.

Racer57

Quote from: headejm on December 01, 2017, 02:55:45 PM
I am amazed at the results achieved by reputable paintless dent removal companies. I got caught in a hail storm and my new car received over 1,200 dents. After the shop was finished, I couldn't find even one remaining dent. Not really magic, just lots of time, patience, and elbow grease. Fascinating results.
I've watched a few guys throughout the years. As far as I'm concerned it IS magic !  :D

HEMICUDA

Yep, takes talent.  Haven't seen one work on an old school car with metal that's way thicker.

jimynick

I worked as an insurance appraiser on many hail claims and can attest that a good PDR tech HAS sold his soul to Satan in return for an ungodly ability to remove dents. LOL  As an old school bodyman, I was very sceptical that they could do what they do, but having seen hundreds of cars fixed, I can avow that a good tech can literally perform bodywork miracles. Money well invested.  :cheers:
In the immortal words of Jimmy Scott- "pace yourself!"

RUNCHARGER

A friend of mine had a survivor 74 Cuda and had a bunch of door dings floated out with a dent removal guy. It was money very well spent I thought.
Sheldon