Main Menu

Rubber Wheel Chocks Stink - Literally

Started by Daveh, June 29, 2017, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Daveh

Ok so I bought these rubber wheel chocks from Harbor Freight and they stink like rubber so bad I don't know what to do with them?  I would take them back if I could.  They stink up my garage up so bad I can't leave them in there.  I left them in the Florida sun for over a month to degas been spraying them with FeBreze and nothing.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I want to use them but can't leave them in the shop.  They even stink up my yard, I'm ready to trash them.  What do you guys think?   Thanks

Dave

Burdar

For stinky stuff I like to put them in Zip-lock bags with some backing soda.  I highly doubt that will do anything for your problem though.  Might be worth a try.  At least you shouldn't smell the rubber if they are stored in a Zip-lock bag.  :dunno:

71GranCoupe

Paint them black or clear coat might slow the stink down. :dunno:

Cuda Cody

I know what you mean.  We had a steering wheel cover made of rubber and it was so bad you couldn't even drive the car.  I left it in the garage and it stunk up the garage.  I put it outside and gave up on it. 

CudaMoparRay

I may be wrong but because that particular type of rubber smell is molecular in nature it will still be there for life or at least a very long time. Your best bet might be to buy metal or plastic ones. Sorry, I know this is not what you want to  hear.

318Stroker

Bluemonster71RT

I bought the same ones and man do they stink. I put them outside (because I had to) and in about a week they were "tolerable" in the garage. They are getting a little less pungent over time. 

Daveh

Didn't think I'd ever be returning them so I tossed the receipt. 

Chryco Psycho

$6  :notsure:
You will burn more in fuel driving to return them !!

JS29

:thinking: I wonder if any of the tricks they use for A dog that was sprayer by A skunk would work!

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: JS29 on July 03, 2017, 07:35:43 AM
:thinking: I wonder if any of the tricks they use for A dog that was sprayer by A skunk would work!

So bathe them in Ketchup? 

Yes I know it doesn't work or skunk spray.... Bet it doesn't work or nasty rubber either..

JS29

1 Wild R/T

RUNCHARGER

They could make a nice present for your favorite  relative perhaps.
Sheldon