Main Menu

1970 Challenger RT/SE NOB... help me find more information

Started by MauSanchezC, March 15, 2022, 04:55:21 PM

Previous topic Next topic

MauSanchezC

Hey what up guys, !! hope you all doing great.
Let me first tell you my car story.

2 years ago, I found it on the web, it was a white JS29NOB in California, the car is no rust at all, it is an engine matching number, the vin number on the dash and also the door (they replaced the trans). The thing is when it got home, I found that it was crashed in the nose and the complete front was changed, the color was also burnt orange originally. But everything else was perfect.

I thought the person who sold it to me was the first owner, but I just found that he is the 3rd owner, the 2nd owner just passed away 1 year ago, and his wife doesn't want to know anything about the car. So, I am doing some detective research to find more information, and I am thinking about that if the car is from Hamtramck, MI. So.... From this plant...... which state do you think this car was sent to be sold?

Depending on the answers I am going to spend in Facebook sponsors on those states. Hoping someone has a buildsheet or the fender tag or any other documentation.

R/T's 4 R/P

That's not the path I would take.
Trying to connect the factory and then dealer and original owner is going to be near impossible.
Working back from what you know, even as limited as that may be, will be more productive.
Are you in Mexico? Was the car in Mexico? If it was in Mexico I would think it would have stood out in someone's memory.
70 R/T 440 6 Pack
70 T/A
70 SE R/T 383
2015 SRT

MauSanchezC

I am in mexico, but the car was in california when i bought it. But someone told me on facebook, that if the car wasnt built in california it must came from another dealership from other state.

6bblgt

not true - the Hamtramck, MI plant built plenty of cars sold NEW in CALIFORNIA

does the car have N95 - ECS emissions?  it would have an "evaporator stack" in the trunk below the fuel tank filler neck

anlauto

Your car was manufactured in Michigan and it's pretty safe to say it was sold new somewhere in North America, so start your search there...

Of course I'm kidding, but with the information you have....you have a pretty big haystack to look in, good luck with your search  :drinkingbud:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MauSanchezC

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration