Main Menu

1970 Challenger V02. How rare?

Started by Ashoulders1995, June 12, 2018, 05:54:18 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ashoulders1995

SO out of 995 challengers this may be one of 4 it's this color combo?

xx88man

Quote from: Ashoulders1995 on June 13, 2018, 06:12:00 AM

@6bblgt keeps amazing records on all e-bodies he comes across. I think he's saying that this is only the 4th V02 BH Challenger he has heard of in any colour combo. Rare Chally
Keep yer foot in it

anlauto

Quote from: Ashoulders1995 on June 13, 2018, 06:12:00 AM

No I think that Dan has ever only heard of four 1970 Challengers with V02 paint despite the colour combo......It's very rare. A friend of mine restored the purple/white RT that is kicking around...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

Ashoulders1995

So i guess ive got a pretty rare car and it looks like i will be putting her back to factory. Do you think that the car would be worth more because of the rarity or worth about the same as any other 318 challenger?

Burdar

Could any available 1970 color be ordered for the top color?

Ashoulders1995

i dont think so. i have only been able to find that they offered 4 colors. Black, white, blue, and red.

anlauto

Quote from: Ashoulders1995 on June 13, 2018, 11:53:54 AM
So i guess ive got a pretty rare car and it looks like i will be putting her back to factory. Do you think that the car would be worth more because of the rarity or worth about the same as any other 318 challenger?

In order for the car to hold any value it would have to be restored 100% back to the broadcast sheet. The same way it was built in 1970.
The rarity of the colour combo will add a little extra value, and perhaps more desirability, but at the end of the day it will still be a 318 Challenger and most likely worth a third of the cost of the restoration. 

Now if you start modifying the car, say keeping the colour combo and making it a 440 RT clone, you're really just taking away from the uniqueness of the car and just making another modified car with a fender tag for good conversation.

cuda hunter

There are more out there than some might expect.

And more colors than those 4.

"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

6bblgt

all colors were available in the two-tone combinations, with the following restrictions

from the resources library (1970 Challenger color & trim)

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/data-books-salesman-pocket-facts-color-upholstery-guides/1970-dodge-color-upholstery-selector/

cuda hunter

ANY other exterior color.

Now that's pretty cool !
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

JS29

I had an FY1 with A black roof and black longitudinal stripe with black interior on A 383 4-speed R/T challenger.   

Burdar

QuoteANY other exterior color.

That could get interesting...

Imagine a pink or purple roof.  With a pink or purple roof, the main exterior color would have to match the interior color.(per the above document)  That would make for a somewhat bland looking car I think.

I've seen white, black, red, blue, green and tan(gold) roofs.  I've got a picture somewhere of a 71 Barracuda GC from under the tent at the Mopar Nats years ago.  It was F8 w/green interior and a Y4 gold roof.

1970A-66Challenger

My A66 Challenger has the V02 option with EW1 top and B5 body, bright blue interior.