Main Menu

1970 Challenger T/A Prototype (Rare Photos)

Started by Cuda Cody, January 10, 2017, 06:10:47 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

A couple members over on the E-Bodies.org Facebook group posted these photos (thanks Priscilla Morgan & Tavis King).  I have never seen these before and thought they were pretty cool!  The last 2 photos are of the prototype hood.  The prototype hood is on the left, production hood on the right.

The third to last photo is the prototype hood after it was installed on El Hemi.

Marc70challenger

Awesome.  Love those old pics.  Glory days.  I'm turning into my grandfather.  :unbelievable:

Chryco Psycho

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

headejm

I like the bumblebee stripe with the spoiler. I wonder what happened to that combo?  :notsure:

RUNCHARGER

I believe the stripe and spoiler are artwork, I have always loved that car though.

Sheldon
Sheldon

Markp

The rear spoiler looks a bit taller and sharper.
1974 Cuda Pro Street HP?????
2000 Camaro SS 383 Stroker 550hp
2016 Challenger Hellcat 707HP

Brads70

Quote from: headejm on January 10, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
I like the bumblebee stripe with the spoiler. I wonder what happened to that combo?  :notsure:

Ya gives the illusion of the spolier being bigger that it really is.  :bigthumb:

cataclysm80

Quote from: Markp on January 31, 2017, 01:07:42 PM
The rear spoiler looks a bit taller and sharper.

It is.  Like the prototype hood, it's a prototype spoiler. 
The production spoiler has reliefs over the quarter panels, and is shaped a little different.
This prototype sits all the way at the rear edge of the trunk, while the production version has a small gap which is painted organisol black between the spoiler and the trunk lip trim.