Main Menu

1970 CUDA BS23N0E124302

Started by gilbiy1977, May 25, 2023, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic Next topic

gilbiy1977

I realize its a long shot but I am hoping someone on here might have or be able to help me find a build sheet or fender tag for my 1970 Cuda 383 4 speed, VIN # BS23N0E124302.  I have looked under and behind all the seats and glove box with no luck.  It is an LA built car and I have heard the LA cars were notorious for not shipping with build sheets. 

What I believe to know about the car's history is, I am the 4th owner.  First owner kept it in California for nearly 40 years before selling to owner #2 in Ohio who kept it 10 years before selling to owner #3 also in Ohio then to me last year.  Owner 2 refreshed the car when purchased (paint, carpet and seat covers), which might be when the fender tag and/or build sheet disappeared but I'm not sure how to get in contact with them.

pschlosser

I, too, have an LA big block car with no fender tag or broadcast sheet.   You're doing the right thing by posting here, but yea, it seems a real long shot. Don't be surprised if years from now, someone sees this post and follows up :)

Since the car was still in Ohio when you bought it, there is a good chance owner #2 is still documented at Ohio DMV.

In California, the DMV will let you look up prior owner history, but only after you fill out a form so they can identify you if something bad happens to the victim.

Best of luck to you.

6bblgt

BS23N0E124302 was sold new in Washington state "In-Violet" FC7 with black interior H6X9 - I'll see what else I can find  :fingerscrossed:

@gilbiy1977   do you have pictures of the 'cuda to share?

gilbiy1977

Interesting, I was told the car was kept in California for most of its life, so I assumed it was originally purchased in CA.  Thanks for the info.  The car is still FC7 with Black Interior and based on the condition of the body and undercarriage it makes since it spent so much time in CA.  I will upload more pics later but here is one I have now.

6bblgt

does it have the N95 "CA required" ECS emission tube in the trunk?

cuda hunter

Do you have the names of the previous owners?
Any information about any of them?

Perhaps a picture of the door sticker might shed a little more light. 

There are other places that a build sheet could be but usually are not.

Behind glove box.  under carpet.  Seen picture of one between the gas mat and gas tank.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee