Main Menu

71 'Cuda Shaker Hood - N96

Started by Marc1, November 08, 2019, 06:11:34 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Marc1

Quote from: cuda hunter on November 15, 2019, 01:57:48 PM

Got any pics of the car?  How about a pic of the fender tag since we are trying to piece together your questions. 
sounds like a sweet ride!

The fender tags are about 3/4 through the slides.

https://www.johnscotti.com/en/used-vehicle/plymouth-cuda-1971-for-sale-pc1375c/
Gone but not forgotten:
1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6
1970 GTO Judge RAIV
1968 GTO
1968 GS400
2011 Shelby GT500

cuda hunter

Quote from: Marc1 on November 15, 2019, 02:46:28 PM
Quote from: chris NOS on November 15, 2019, 12:31:27 PM
There is  a super nice v code for sale in quebec by john scotty , they added the shaker hood on it even if it was not a N96 originaly ,  all lot off people prefer the shaker even if it's an add on during restoration.

That was, in fact, the very car I was looking at.
Quote from: chris NOS on November 15, 2019, 12:31:27 PM
There is  a super nice v code for sale in quebec by john scotty , they added the shaker hood on it even if it was not a N96 originaly ,  all lot off people prefer the shaker even if it's an add on during restoration.

Is there a link somewhere? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

anlauto

It's a nice car, but a little pricey  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Quote from: Marc1 on November 15, 2019, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on November 15, 2019, 01:57:48 PM

Got any pics of the car?  How about a pic of the fender tag since we are trying to piece together your questions. 
sounds like a sweet ride!

The fender tags are about 3/4 through the slides.

https://www.johnscotti.com/en/used-vehicle/plymouth-cuda-1971-for-sale-pc1375c/

Man!  Your on it.  posted one second before I asked. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

chris NOS

A friend of mine restored this car, craftsman work is top quality and if i remember well there is 2 broadcast sheet. but i think price has to go down to be in today's market range ...

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

chris NOS

yes ! he always talked about this car being one of the best he ever had, he restored a lot of Mopars in the last 30 years;)

Marc1

Quote from: chris NOS on December 10, 2019, 01:13:33 PM
A friend of mine restored this car, craftsman work is top quality and if i remember well there is 2 broadcast sheet. but i think price has to go down to be in today's market range ...

Hi, do you happen to know what happened to the original hood and underhood / air cleaner parts? I love this car but the non-factory option addition is a deal breaker for me and why I dropped the car. I wouldn't be fond of trying to color match the correct original hood but I might think about that. 
Gone but not forgotten:
1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6
1970 GTO Judge RAIV
1968 GTO
1968 GS400
2011 Shelby GT500

chris NOS

it suppose to be with the car to put it back to original configuration if desired.

Marc1

Quote from: chris NOS on January 03, 2020, 05:35:57 AM
it suppose to be with the car to put it back to original configuration if desired.

Ok, good to know thanks!
Gone but not forgotten:
1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6
1970 GTO Judge RAIV
1968 GTO
1968 GS400
2011 Shelby GT500

Matt M

Any opinions on the Fender Tags?

cuda hunter

RzeroB

Wasn't this car part of that amazing "3 for 1" Cuda package that was for sale a few years ago?? Guy had a Bahama-Yellow 440-6 '71 Cuda along with a numbers matching Tor-Red '70 HemiCuda and a non-numbers matching Sassy-Grass-Green '70 HemiCuda which he wanted to fund his retirement by selling all three together as a "package deal". 
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

Yellow71Cuda

Quote from: chris NOS on December 10, 2019, 01:13:33 PM

Beautiful car, no doubt, and maybe I'm being too picky...but for that kind of money, why is the (factory) rocker black-out paint not there?  :rubeyes:   I'm sorry, but to me that's not a small detail.  And the shiny bare metal trunk hinge bolts and upper latch, hood pin bracket bolts, and hood hinge & latch bolts...the absence of black-out behind the grille...

EV2RTSE

Quote from: RzeroB on February 13, 2020, 03:06:44 PM
Wasn't this car part of that amazing "3 for 1" Cuda package that was for sale a few years ago?? Guy had a Bahama-Yellow 440-6 '71 Cuda along with a numbers matching Tor-Red '70 HemiCuda and a non-numbers matching Sassy-Grass-Green '70 HemiCuda which he wanted to fund his retirement by selling all three together as a "package deal".

Looks like it. I remember a thread on moparts when that ad first came up but I forget what all was discussed. Probably dropped off the board by now because it was in the ebay / WIW section, IIRC. If you punch this car's VIN in google and click on 'images' there are still some pics floating around from that ad. An FJ6 Hemicuda? That's gotta be a really rare car.