Main Menu

Anyone know which Dealer Received my AAR?

Started by 96IndyRam, September 05, 2019, 10:58:30 PM

Previous topic Next topic

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: 6bblgt on September 06, 2019, 11:34:17 AM
with more than 10% of the 1970 'cudas having N95, the vast majority were sold in CA - but "sales bank" cars still sitting in factory lots near the end of the model year could be "pushed" on a receptive dealership anywhere
but ODDS are - it was sold new in CA
I do have an INVOICE for a 340 'cuda w/N95 "SOLD" new outside of Pittsburgh, PA

if interested, I can let you know when the car was "In Plant/In Process" on the assemble line VS. its "SCHEDULED" 4/15/70 production date
https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

just add the complete sheet here or in the other thread (or email to dhead68@hotmail.com) - Dan

Just another possible explanation...  While my family was overseas (Pops was in the military & stationed in the middle east) we ordered a new car to be picked up when we returned to the US.. We picked it up in NJ.. One of the options the salesman suggested & pops sprung for was N95...  His pitch, if you wind up stationed in California if you don't have N95 they won't allow you to register the car.... Turns out it wasn't true but hey, it was an effective sales pitch...  Anyway I think you'll find N95 is quite possibly fairly common on military ordered export vehicles...