Main Menu

Conflicting Build Dates

Started by Aloha Randy, April 06, 2022, 06:50:11 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Aloha Randy

I was looking at the build sheet and the fender tag on my car. Fender tag says B14 (14 day November 1969). The Build sheet says the vehicle build sequence is 2076702 which the decoder says is April 1, 1970.

Is this something others find? Any way of knowing what the real build date is?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Randy

MoparCarGuy

Can you post your broadcast sheet? The broadcast sheet should have the same Scheduled Production Date (SPD) from the fender tag as the first three digits of the VEHICLE ORDER NUMBER section on Line 1. Your door VIN decal may have 11 - 1969 for the build date as well.
All three should be close as the door VIN decal could vary from the SPD month if the car was assembled earlier (previous month) or later (next month). Since your SPD is B14 which is mid-month, they all could be November 1969 like the example below with 406 or April 6th, 1970.

<Edited to correct the SPD to 11 - 1969>

blown motor

Who has more fun than people!
68 Charger R/T    74 Challenger Rallye 
12 Challenger RT Classic    15 Challenger SXT
79 Macho Power Wagon clone    17 Ram Rebel

6bblgt

https://forum.e-bodies.org/vin-fender-tag-build-sheet-and-date-codes/13/actual-production-date-vs-scheduled-production-date/810/

I have a good chunk of LINE #1 (A-bodies, Barracudas & Challengers) figured out & a portion of LINE #2 (A-bodies & Challengers) figured out

I wasn't aware there was anything on the decoder that shows an Actual Production Date  :clueless:

@Aloha Randy post or email (dhead68@hotmail.com) a pic of your sheet, I'll get you in the ballpark - do you have an original door sticker?

6bblgt

@MoparCarGuy

BS27H0B296267 was "In Plant/In Process" on Thursday 4/16/70 *** 10 days behind "schedule"

Aloha Randy

Ok, here is the build sheet. When I put the number in the decoder, it says build April 1, 1970. The door tag is a re-pop when the car was painted. I can assume the tag was duplicated correct but I don't want to assume. The fender tag in the decoder says November 14, 1969.
So, I am mainly confused on the 4 1/2 month difference from build sheet to fender tag. Any ideas?
Thanks!

6bblgt

that is NOT an authentic broadcast sheet   :('

Aloha Randy

You can see on Line 1 of the decoder that it states the build date, FYI.
Thanks!

anlauto

I think there's a reason why the broadcast sheet says April 1st... :yes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

MoparCarGuy

April 1st is lasting the whole month, I guess.
As Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2vZonSDUgk

JS29

The sequence number is the one all the way to the bottom right, 191465 and that is the last six digits in the VIN. The 2076702 number is the order number, seven digits.  So that number looks about right.   :alan2cents:

Aloha Randy

So I know, what tells you this is not a authentic build sheet? I was always suspect of this but I could not be sure one way or the other. Thanks.

6bblgt

Quote from: Aloha Randy on April 07, 2022, 04:32:36 PM
So I know, what tells you this is not a authentic build sheet? I was always suspect of this but I could not be sure one way or the other. Thanks.

look at the fonts compared to the sheet posted above & all the info is in the wrong location or just wrong - I'm sure the 4/1 was intentional as "done for novelty purposes"

FWIW the fender tag appears to be legit!  :twothumbsup:

Aloha Randy

The fonts are what I did not like and why I had concerns. Thanks!

Aloha Randy

Also if you look at the paper drive holes on the side they and uneven.