Main Menu

E-Body Broadcast Sheet Reference Library...Just scanned broadcast sheets please.

Started by xs29j8, February 21, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

:worship:  You are number number King!!!!   :clapping:

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 22, 2017, 12:18:07 AM
sorry I should've added a little more to the description - it is the master cylinder w/booster (if OPTIONED) assembly

It appears Hamtramck did not start coding this until October '69 - Box #1 is blank August & September
E-body (A,B,C body may be the same/different) no manual disc brakes on an E-body (B11 is drum brakes)
31 = manual drum brakes
42 = power drum brakes
?? = power drum brakes HEMI
45 = power disc brakes
46 = power disc brakes HEMI

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  1970 Hemi Cuda printed on a 69 leftover sheet.

cataclysm80

I have a lot of pics of broadcast sheets that I can post here, but I'm going to start with this one because I own it.   :)

Finoke

I'm going to post some paper work on two that I own. I consider both to be nice original cars when I got them. I'm the third owner of each and have info back to the original owners. Hopefully Dan will analyze and comment on his production date post.

First is an early 70 Barracuda. Original fender tag, broadcast sheet and window sticker. I have a few questions regarding the window stickers of both cars that I am posting.

What exactly does S.O. NO mean?

Why is there a BB in between the VIN?

What do the other numbers mean located by the S.O. NO?

As far as the Broadcast sheets, when exactly did Chrysler switch from a black and white sheet to a color sheet?

Thanks
Tom

Finoke

Here is my second car. It's a 71 Cuda Convertible. The broadcast sheet remained under the passenger seat the whole time until I picked out what was left last month. So unfortunately it is a partial sheet.

I have a saved picture of a 71 Cuda convertible broadcast sheet with an SPD of the same date 5/20. I can email that to Dan for comparison if needed.

Tom

anlauto

71 Challenger
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

anlauto

I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cataclysm80

Quote from: Finoke on February 23, 2017, 04:34:44 AM

Shipping Order Number
It's the Scheduled Production Date, Assembly Plant, Car Make, & Vehicle Order Number
(Thanks to Ola & Dan for helping with that!)

Chrysler had a sheet which was used for ordering cars, each sheet was numbered with a vehicle order number.
These numbered sheets were sent to dealerships all over the country (probably in pads of 25 sheets or maybe 50 sheets) to be used as needed. 
Since everyone starts with a different preprinted number, and uses them at a different speed, there's no correlation between VON and build date.  With enough data though, it should be able to be used for knowing which dealership your car sold new at.  Since the VON is on the fender tag, this could be very helpful for people who don't have any paperwork or history for their car, potentially leading them to documentation if the original dealership still has any.

Anyway, these vehicle orders were sent to Chrysler central and that's where VIN numbers were assigned, and all the orders that came in were arranged into groups of similar cars and assigned a Scheduled Production Date.
Cars were not built in VIN order.

cataclysm80

As far as the Broadcast sheets, when exactly did Chrysler switch from a black and white sheet to a color sheet?

I don't know off the top of my head, but there should be a revision date printed on each sheet.  That's roughly when that sheet style started being used.

Each car had a broadcast sheet printed in several different departments of the assembly line.  Every car had multiple sheets, but some departments were able to leave the sheet in the car or attached to the part they built instead of walking over to the trash can and throwing it away like they were supposed to.  LA had a more strict trash policy, so we see less sheets from that plant.
Each printer on the assembly line could be full of older revision sheets or newer revision sheets, so there isn't a firm date for the changeover.
Some 1969 sheets were used to build 1970 cars, but they were used in a department where the build sheet boxes lined up the same as 1970.  The rest of the sheet didn't line up with the boxes, but that department didn't need to read the rest of the sheet.

cudaized

Why is there a BB in between the VIN?

What do the other numbers mean located by the S.O. NO?

S.O. NO. = has historically been in the factory documents as "Shipping Order Number"

BB = represents the assembly plant and model designator.
...BB = Hamtramck Barracuda
...BJ = Hamtramck Challenger
...EB = Los Angeles Barracuda
...EJ = Los Angeles Challenger

The 5 digits are the dealer code. The 2 digits are the region code.
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

cataclysm80

Finoke

6bblgt

the "Shipping Order Number" (S.O.#) consists of:

Scheduled Production Date (SPD)
-
Assembly Plant
Car Make
-
Vehicle Order Number (VON)

Finoke

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 24, 2017, 01:18:01 AM
:needphotos:

Excellent!  :)

Also did you notice my sheet says it's coded for black interior yet the word green is typed in too.