Main Menu

E-Body Broadcast Sheet Reference Library...Just scanned broadcast sheets please.

Started by xs29j8, February 21, 2017, 09:57:41 AM

Previous topic Next topic

xs29j8

Questions and decoding can be discussed in other threads, lets try to keep this thread purely for the images... in JPG, PNG, PDF, or similar widely used format...

An image size proportional to 8.50 : 11.00 is recommended, with 850 pixels by 1100 pixels or 1700 pixels by 2200 pixels probably working out best. 

Watermarking or over writing a notation is a good idea to prevent the images from being used in scams on eBay & other markets...

***** I will go first with my 1970 Challenger T/A  *****, and I will post 2-3 photos of the car & a photo of the fender tag when possible...

Cuda Cody

This is a great idea!  Plus any image uploaded on here gets a watermark automatically so that will help too. 

xs29j8

My 1970 Challenger T/A, FE5 Rallye Red with black interior, 340 6 PAK, Automatic Transmission....

Cuda Cody

cataclysm80

This will be a fun thread.
Might help Cody build the broadcast sheet decoders.

70chall440

Beautiful red TA  :ohyeah:

Cody - the quality of your posted sheet is a little substandard for you..  :) just saying... LOL

Wish I had one/some to post.
Mopar or no car!!!

ec_co

not great pics, but it's what I have. I let my dad hold onto this one and who knows where it is.

this is for another early LA build /6 Barracuda that came in my back seat (@ 300 higher in #s than mine). proof that LA cars DID occasionally have a build sheet included .....  :ohyeah:

for BH23C0E100677
Growing older is mandatory...growing up is optional.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

'70 Barracuda B5/B5 225 /6 3spd ... about as bare bones as they came

Cuda Cody

Cuda Cody

1970 Hemi Challenger

xs29j8

71GranCoupe

More great information for the gang, thanks. After looking at the posted sheets, I have a question maybe someone can answer. On line five, all the way to the right, the last three boxes have headers of 1--2--3. What are these codes for that is listed under the them. I have asked a few local guys, but it was a deer in the headlights look.  :dunno: :notsure: :help:

6bblgt

1 = master cylinder assembly - last 2-digits of a 7-digit assembly part number (has anyone seen a list of these part numbers?)
2 = broadcast sheet print hour - on a 24 hr. clock (00 = midnight, 06 = 6AM, 14 = 2PM, etc.)
3 = broadcast sheet print minute - on a 100 minute clock (10 = :06, 25 = :15, 80 = :48, etc.)

Cuda Cody

@6bblgt  Can you test a theory I have.  All cars got a master cylinder, right?  But not all cars got a brake booster.  Could that 1st box that has been called Master Cylinder Assembly really be the Brake Booster code with the Master Cylinder attached?  Later on they started putting the 2 digit code on them with a little sticker, right?  Can you check some of your sheets and see if that 1st box is left blank if the sheet has nothing in the B51 box?  And if there is "1" in the B51 box then there should be a Brake Booster code up in the 1st box on that line five we're talking about.  You should see lots of "45"s and a few "42"s and Hemi's would be "46"? 

Can you run that theory over some of your sheets and let me know what you think?     :fingerscrossed:

Quote from: 6bblgt on February 21, 2017, 10:56:05 PM
1 = master cylinder assembly - last 2-digits of a 7-digit assembly part number (has anyone seen a list of these part numbers?)

71GranCoupe

That is the way I see it Cody. Have a couple with power disc brakes and have "45" in box #1. I kinda figured that is what it was, but had no idea about the clock insertions.

Looked at another, it is coded B11 and disc brakes, so manual disc brakes. It has 42 in Box #1. I tired to scan it, but it is such a light copy, it won't scan. Looks like it is from a Cuda, so light/faded, but not a Chally.

6bblgt

sorry I should've added a little more to the description - it is the master cylinder w/booster (if OPTIONED) assembly

It appears Hamtramck did not start coding this until October '69 - Box #1 is blank August & September
E-body (A,B,C body may be the same/different) no manual disc brakes on an E-body (B11 is drum brakes)
31 = manual drum brakes
42 = power drum brakes
?? = power drum brakes HEMI
45 = power disc brakes
46 = power disc brakes HEMI

the time stamp started mid-February at Hamtramck model year 1969