Main Menu

Fender tag code for burnt orange int

Started by Fastmark, September 07, 2020, 05:25:42 AM

Previous topic Next topic

Fastmark

I've met a guy at the local car show. He has a 70 Challenger SE with the burnt orange interior. He bought the car in bad shape when it was 15 years old. He installed a black se headliner, Black sun visors, black console, black floor console and maybe a black dash. I looked at so many cars, I can't remember. He thinks thats the way it came. I had a parts car that was untouched with burnt orange interior and all my same parts were orange. Mine did have black seatbelts, I think so it should have the black plastic cover on the carpet, correct? My fender tag code was HRK4 and build date was oct 69. I have the parts he needs to correct some of this but wanted to make sure before I offered them for sale.

cuda hunter

All of those parts were K4.  I"m unsure of the black plastic cover on the floor.  I've seen both colors of seat belts so I tend to think the seat belts were colored factory. 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

70 Challenger Lover

I have a burnt orange (in and out) 70 Challenger That was built in late 69. It had black seat belts too.

JH27N0B

My burnt orange convertible has the deluxe seat belt package and they are black.  I've wondered if I should try to find burnt orange ones as I believe at least with the deluxe seat belt option they were supposed to be matching color.  But I've been told not to bother, more often than not black seat belts were used with different color interiors.

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 07, 2020, 08:48:16 AM
I have a burnt orange (in and out) 70 Challenger That was built in late 69. It had black seat belts too.

So what colour is the plastic bezel around the front seat belt retractor ? Seat belt colour (black) or carpet colour (burnt orange)
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

70 Challenger Lover

Quote from: anlauto on September 07, 2020, 09:25:14 AM

So what colour is the plastic bezel around the front seat belt retractor ? Seat belt colour (black) or carpet colour (burnt orange)

Those are burnt orange.

70pumpkin

My interior is all original and my seat belts are black.  What do you mean by the black plastic cover on the carpet?  I can check once I know what it is  :)

anlauto

Quote from: 70pumpkin on September 07, 2020, 09:45:53 AM
My interior is all original and my seat belts are black.  What do you mean by the black plastic cover on the carpet?  I can check once I know what it is  :)

Where the seat beat exist the "carpet" there is a plastic bezel there.
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....

anlauto

Quote from: 70 Challenger Lover on September 07, 2020, 09:29:05 AM
Quote from: anlauto on September 07, 2020, 09:25:14 AM

Those are burnt orange.

That's interesting :thinking: makes sense :bigthumb:

70pumpkin

Just checked.  The plastic bezel is burnt orange.

Fastmark

71383bee

I concur.  Black Belts on K4 plastic bezels. 

73 Challenger Rallye - 340 4 speed - K6 w/ White Top
70 Challenger Convertible - 318 Auto - K5 w/ White Top