Main Menu

HELP! vehicle order number on fender tag does not VON on match build sheet

Started by plum crazy rt, May 23, 2019, 05:10:07 AM

Previous topic Next topic

plum crazy rt

The owner unfortunately only has a black and white photo copy of the broad cast sheet. That is the only picture I have of the fender tag as well.

torredcuda

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 23, 2019, 07:59:08 AM
Where's the car right now?  Why does the seller not have the original build sheet?

How does he have a copy but not the original, seems a bit odd? I wouldn`t trust a copy, too easy to modify.
Jeff   `72 Barracuda 340/4spd
https://www.facebook.com/jeffrey.hunt.750

Northeast Mighty Mopar Club
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486087201685038/

6bblgt

the info on the broadcast sheet COPY appears to be legit (but as stated above: it is much easier to alter a "copy" than the original)
the fender tag appears to be a reproduction attempt with "ERRORS"

the car was listed on eBay in Dec. 2018 with the same above pics (here are a couple more)

plum crazy rt

The car is located in Montana, 600 miles from were I live . I was not aware this car was put up for sale in 2018, I did discover however it was put up on ebay in July of 2017

here is the link to that auction. High bid was around 49k (reserve was not met)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Plymouth-Barracuda-cuda-/232395177899?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

plum crazy rt

Unfortunately there more controversy regarding the inconsistency of the documentation and provenance than I was previously aware of.

:Thud:

anlauto

There's a butt for every seat....even without proper documentation and as long as the car is priced properly I see no issue buying a car you like. :alan2cents:even if options were added or colours were changed, it still looks like a pretty nice car...
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

plum crazy rt

Unfortunately the owner is asking top dollar (in my opinion) for the Cuda. With all the inconsistencies and questions raised I will need to really give it some thought as far as buying it.  :thinking:

Thank you to all for the insight and advice!

Cuda Cody

If it doesn't work out, don't give up.  Keep checking back in with us here and look on ebay and craigslist.  Good cars to come up for sale and we'll do our best to help you find the right car for you.   :bradsthumb:

Quote from: plum crazy rt on May 23, 2019, 12:24:16 PM
Unfortunately the owner is asking top dollar (in my opinion) for the Cuda. With all the inconsistencies and questions raised I will need to really give it some thought as far as buying it.  :thinking:

Thank you to all for the insight and advice!

RzeroB

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 23, 2019, 07:57:26 AM
I would suggest having someone that knows these cars really well look that car over good.  Typos happen and it's not uncommon to see mistakes, but somethings look to not add up.  It might be a good car, but it also might be a car that has been messed with. 

Bingo!

If you really like the car, it would behoove you to enlist the help of an "expert" like Dave Wise or someone similar. Dave is based on the East Coast now, so you need someone more local, someone in the Northwest ... Ahhh! there is such a guy in the Northwest ... he's based out of Brush Prairie WA ... I think he's on the board here ...
Cheers!
Tom

Tis' better to have owned classic Mopars and lost than to have never owned at all (apologies to Alfred Lord Tennyson)

kawahonda

1970 Dodge Challenger A66

anlauto

Quote from: plum crazy rt on May 23, 2019, 12:24:16 PM
Unfortunately the owner is asking top dollar (in my opinion) for the Cuda.

Then the problem is not with the car but the asking price. In my opinion a non documented V code Cuda like this one should be in the $50K range. Super Documented with a fresh OE restoration and it would hit six figures  :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration