Main Menu

part number confirmation

Started by cuda hunter, August 05, 2017, 05:05:44 PM

Previous topic Next topic

cuda hunter

Can someone confirm with me that this part number is indeed for a 15" rolled fender e body.
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

Cuda Cody

It would have to be an over the counter fender to have the number like that, right?  And didn't they use a reddish brown primer?  I've not seen black NOS primer before.   :notsure:  The part number should be in the parts book, right?

Cuda Cody

cuda hunter

This was purchased over the counter in 1980.  Guy just got out of high school and wanted 15's.  Body shop only found the one drivers side fender.  Had it on car until 90's. 

What year would this have been made? 
"All riches begin as a state of mind and you have complete control of your mind"  -- B. Lee

cuda hunter

I can't read the number on the t/a fender which is below the part numbers for this fender.  Of which I can barely read.  The stamp is in the way.

Also I don't have the parts number books.  Where would I find the part number book for the 70 and 71.  Or are they separate ? 

cuda hunter

Is that 624-5  ?  on the t/a line

1 Wild R/T

Quote from: cuda hunter on August 05, 2017, 06:17:47 PM

Yes....

And 380-1 on the 70 & 71 15" which should be two different fenders because 71 has a notch & 70 doesn't....

Cuda Cody

@cuda hunter  1970 Challenger TA Fender 3579 624 and 3579 625.

And you don't have the Parts Catalog?  Really?   :haha:  It's right here silly:

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/

anlauto

Quote from: Cuda Cody on August 05, 2017, 07:31:53 PM
@cuda hunter  1970 Challenger TA Fender 3579 624 and 3579 625.

And you don't have the Parts Catalog?  Really?   :haha:  It's right here silly:

https://www.e-bodies.org/resources/service-manuals-parts-catalogs-tsb/

HOLY GEES....I didn't even know we had that on here....this website is the best ! :yes:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cuda hunter

Wow.  Yeah, this site is awesome!  Thanks !

cuda hunter

Quote from: 1 Wild R/T on August 05, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: cuda hunter on August 05, 2017, 06:17:47 PM

Yes....

And 380-1 on the 70 & 71 15" which should be two different fenders because 71 has a notch & 70 doesn't....

So this one is the 381     which year is this?  The parts show both with the same number.   Since I have only had one challenger I'm unfamiliar where the notch is.  Any chance of a picture of that notch? 

cuda hunter

Is this fender worth 800 bucks?   has no rust and no problems other than a tire rub or two  on the inside. 

Cuda Cody

Here's a photo of the 1971 Challenger fender notch.  As for price, $800 seems a little high, but if it is super rust free and you need a 71 fender it might be worth stepping up.  If it was a 1970 fender and it was super clean, I would be interested.  The notch for me is a deal breaker as mainly need 1970 fenders.

6bblgt

& the notch was a prelude to the '72 cast/molded/plastic header panel - it didn't start showing up until March/April 1971 & isn't a necessity for a '71 Challenger

cuda hunter

It appears that this fender has the notch.   Which would make it a 71 correct?