Main Menu

Fender Tag Question

Started by kent_goins, July 07, 2017, 06:50:03 AM

Previous topic Next topic

kent_goins

I have posted on this forum before regarding locating build sheet information for 1970 E bodies. Finding these at best is a grim prospect I understand. I am one of the unfortunate people to be missing a fender tag. Cody had stated before that my car appears to have been built in the fifth month of 1970 I presume based on my vin number. I pretty much know all the codes my car came with but the magic information of scheduled build date and order number are the unknowns. How can I determine either of these?

I understand the scheduled build date and actual build could have spanned a few days to a week so this is a flexible range. The order number is a separate mystery. Any help appreciated...

KG

anlauto

Personally I think it's 100% impossible to get the correct VON number based on registry data. You might get close enough to make an educated guess, but that's it in my opinion :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Guessing the VON number is about as easy as winning the lottery.  Even the best of the best Mopar guru's will only be able to guess and most likely not be right.  The only hope is that the information shows up someday in the form of the missing documents that Chrysler is missing.  Or maybe someone finds a sheet in another car and shares it with the forum or a registry.

Burdar

The actual build date and the SPD can vary more than a week.  My car is over two weeks different.  That lead to the SPD being in September but the build date and door sticker showing October.

71GranCoupe

I have seen where tags with an unknown VON the owner may put in the year he was born.  :alan2cents:

kent_goins

Thanks all...Cody, how did you estimate my car was built sometime in May of 1970? My VIN is JS23U0E142864...

KG

Cuda Cody

I have a car built at LA that was close to the VIN of yours.  :alan2cents:

kent_goins

Thanks Cody...guess without the VON...I am screwed on a fender tag. Would be nice if someone could rattle some cages at Chrysler and get a favor to go through the old microfische. I would help in any way possible.

Just another quick question....is there any vehicle option codes sheet which shows what options where included under other options? For example, I have the A63 option which includes the M31 Body Moulding option. Therefore, the fender tag would list the A63 and not the M31. So I am looking for a list of options which reference any child options such as A63 (Includes M31), etc....

KG

anlauto

You can still have a fender tag made with a "made up" VON......only you would know/care :alan2cents:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

cudaized

Quote from: kent_goins on July 08, 2017, 11:59:58 AM
Would be nice if someone could rattle some cages at Chrysler and get a favor to go through the old microfische. I would help in any way possible.

There are people that have been working on this very concept, since the mid to late 80s.
It is a slow process. Very few possibilities exist.
Many dead end roads. But, some light at the end of a tunnel. (The trick is to be in the correct tunnel....)

Ola

(One of those working on this for many years)
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com

cudaized

No, no, no.....
Might as well put XXXXXX instead.

Quote from: anlauto on July 08, 2017, 05:34:04 PM
Y ou can still have a fender tag made with a "made up" VON......only you would know/care :alan2cents:
1970 `cuda340 convertible 4-speed Rallye Red with Red interior cudaized.com 1970-71 Plymouth and Dodge E-Body Convertible Registry ebodyconvertibleregistry.com