Main Menu

The 1970 Build Sheet Decoder is LIVE!!!!

Started by Cuda Cody, May 02, 2017, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Cuda Cody

E-Bodies.org is proud to offer a sneak peek at the 1970 E-Body Build Sheet Decoder.  Call it a forum benefit, a forum bribe or anything else you want.... the bottom line is you are the VERY FIRST to get to see and use this cool new decoder.

Being an E-Bodies.org member has it's privileges.

http://decoder.e-bodies.org/1970-build-sheet/

A HUGE thank you to everyone that contributed by sharing build sheets or helping answer questions about codes on your sheet.  So many of you played a big part in making this happen.  Especially @6bblgt  and @cataclysm80   for taking tons of hours out of their day to help make this possible.  I could not have done this alone and I owe everyone here a tremendous THANK YOU!   We did it everyone, we made it happen!!!!  Something that many said could not be done.....   WE DID IT!   :grouphug:

J-Code Jeni

:banana: :banana: Congratulations everyone on breaking new ground for the hobby!!  :banana: This day has been long-awaited, it's so exciting!  :drinkingbud:

71GranCoupe

Thanks Cody, @6bblgt  and @cataclysm80 for all the work as well as all that made this possible. I am gonna go play with the new tool.  :banana:  :cheers:  :thankyou:

A.Gramz

Way to go guys. Can only imagine the hours spent going through broadcast sheets and parts books.   :woohoo:

On a side note I like how seamlessly in line 2 you added ebodies.org

anlauto

HOLY SHIT .....THAT'S AWESOME :banana: :banana:

Way to go E-Bodies.org  :worship:

Thanks to my trail run, I now realize I need another pair of Challenger front bumper guards :pullinghair:
I've taught you everything you know....but I haven't taught you everything I know....
Check out my web site ....  Alan Gallant Automotive Restoration

Cuda Cody

Let me know how it works for you guys.  We're still trying to make sure all the codes print on the certificate without running off the page.  Looks for little things like that and let me know if you see anything else that needs to be adjusted to make it perfect.    :twothumbsup:

6bblgt

:worship: THANKS CODY!! for making it happen!  :cheers:

Shoooter

Wow this is so cool. I only wish i had a whole build aheet to use! Another job well done cody and friends

gdrill

Ultra cool. Just going over mine now.  :perfect10:
Never too old to learn.

71GranCoupe

Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 02, 2017, 07:31:35 PM
Let me know how it works for you guys.  We're still trying to make sure all the codes print on the certificate without running off the page.  Looks for little things like that and let me know if you see anything else that needs to be adjusted to make it perfect.    :twothumbsup:

Do you have a preferred way/thread for areas that may need looked at. I am thinking you may want them all in one spot or????

6bblgt

some tips:

if the sheet already has info in it, it's easiest go to bottom & "CLEAR" the sheet
turn on your "CAPS LOCK"
use the "TAB" key to quickly move from one box to the next

Cuda Cody

Feel free to post anything you want right here.  Or you can PM them to me.   Either way is good with me.

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 02, 2017, 10:00:42 PM
Quote from: Cuda Cody on May 02, 2017, 07:31:35 PM

Do you have a preferred way/thread for areas that may need looked at. I am thinking you may want them all in one spot or????

Cuda Cody

If you get an "unknown" I would like to know.  Also if you get a code that does not display on the PDF certificate correctly I would like to know.  There was a bit of programming to get all the codes (long and short) to display nicely on the PDF.

71GranCoupe

Amazing how I had to proof my entries, need new glasses. LOL   

One that I could not clear was on Line 8 J-46 Locking Gas Cap. At first, it looked like a 5, it came up unknown, I went back and reverified and it was supposed to a 6 as on the sheet. It still came back unknown. It is for an AAR if that helps.

I really like how the report populated out all the specific items, just cool!!!! :perfect10:

Cuda Cody

@71GranCoupe   Can you post a photo of that area of your build sheet?   :please:  This is exactly the help we need.   :yes:   If you get an unknown, lets find out why!!!!   If I had to guess I would bet it was just entered in the wrong box.  I did that a few times during the testing stages.  Those empty box codes near the bottom can be tricky to count.  Double check that you were 'Locking Gas Cap 46" box on the sheet and not the 45 Hood Pins.

Also, a little trick.  Hold down "ctrl" and hit the "+" key on your keyboard.  That will enlarge the decoder to make it easier to see and fill in.   :bigthumb:

Quote from: 71GranCoupe on May 02, 2017, 11:04:22 PM
Amazing how I had to proof my entries, need new glasses. LOL   

One that I could not clear was on Line 8 J-46 Locking Gas Cap. At first, it looked like a 5, it came up unknown, I went back and reverified and it was supposed to a 6 as on the sheet. It still came back unknown. It is for an AAR if that helps.

I really like how the report populated out all the specific items, just cool!!!! :perfect10: