Main Menu

who makes best repo door vin decal, and fender tag Yes I have originals

Started by Ed, May 12, 2019, 05:55:01 PM

Previous topic Next topic

Ed

My door will have to be replaced,  So I want one for my new door when it comes time, Also would like to get copy of my fender tag to put on car  but keep the original.   Also can you redo your your  vin tag when you have to remove it for repair of three speaker dash pad.

JH27N0B

ECS for the door sticker, and they have a kit to restore the dash VIN tag.
Tags Backeast for repro fender tags.
http://www.datatags.com/

Cuda Cody

RUNCHARGER

Nice you have the originals. I sent photos in when I had a new fender tag and door decal made. That way they will make them exact. After I got the new tag I scraped the rust off the original tag and it was fine underneath so I didn't need one made after all. So I kept the original in a safe place and the repop one went on the car.
Sheldon

WCC

Is there any way to get the fender tag from just the VIN? Or didn't they record the options against the VIN?

JS29

@WCC No only the engine size from the VIN. they can however decipher it from a build sheet.  :alan2cents:

WCC

Quote from: JS29 on May 13, 2019, 12:33:52 PM
@WCC No only the engine size from the VIN. they can however decipher it from a build sheet.  :alan2cents:

Thanks, I thought that may be the case. Am interested in a car but the fender tag is missing and there's no build sheet. Would have been nice to see what was stock on the car besides the motor and unfortunately the owner doesn't know either.